Thirty Three

"This is weird," I break the silence that engulfed the nearly empty house. Madeline and Yoongi looked over at me and glared, clearly not happy I'd interrupted their very important silent argument.

"Can you two say anything?" I ask them. They still don't speak, just turn back to each other and resume glaring.

I didn't need to be in this situation, it was my fault I was here. I didn't have to volunteer to stay back while the others ran out to get payment for Madeline, but here I was.

My excuse?

I was going to watch over Taehyung.

But I hadn't seen him once, only sat on the couch and watched Yoongi and Madeline stare at each other, as if they were having some secret conversation. It pissed me off honestly.

"Well," I stand up, done with their games. "I'm going to go check on Taehyung." As much as I didnt want to face him, it seemed better to face that problem than to try and figure out a new one with Yoongi. 

"Don't," Yoongi speaks for the first time. His eyes look pleading, as if he really didn't want me to go. Even though he'd been cold he was grateful I was here. He's probably afraid to be alone with her.

"No," Madeline shakes her head. "Go ahead Ara," she gives me a small smile. "Yoongi and I need to catch up."

I almost sit back down on impulse. I didn't want them alone. For some reason the thought of them together, hashing out whatever leftover feelings they had scared me. But I forced my legs to work and slowly made my way out of the room towards the infirmary.

-

Yoongi's POV

I watch Ara walk out of the room with a heavy heart. She was the buffer between Madeline and I, with her here, she couldn't do anything. But now Ara was gone, and I wasn't sure whether I was more upset because Madeline could talk to me freely now or because maybe I actually wanted Ara here.

What.

"She's cute," Madeline brings me away from my thoughts. "You have a type," she chuckles darkly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I grumble, not wanting to continue whatever conversation she thought we should have.

"You don't see it?" Madeline quirks an eyebrow at me. "The resemblance is uncanny," she scoffs.

"I don't like Ara," I grit my teeth together in annoyance.

"Ah," Madeline nods, as if understanding something. "You're at that stage, got it."

"What?" I narrow my eyes at her. I hated when she did this, played mind games with me.

"Denial," She shrugs. "You won't admit it, for whatever reason, but you do. Anyone with eyes could see it, except her of course. Always easy to see other people's feelings when they're not aimed at you."

"Can you cut the crap Madeline?" I snap at her, upset she was making me nervous. With all she was saying I began to sweat and become very uncomfortable.

She was just messing with me.

"Would yourather I talk about us?" She sighs. I visibly tense at that and she notices, chuckling slightly. "Still unable to talk about your feelings after five years, huh?"

"You have no right to judge," I glare at her. "If I was ever going to open up to anyone it would've been you, but you made sure I'd never do that with anyone ever again."

"Yes blame me," She glares back at me. "Don't blame your other demons, it was all me, Satan herself, the one who only wanted to protect you-"

"I didn't want to be protected I wanted to be with you," I cut her off.