26- Honoring Harlow

Start from the beginning

Once they arrived at the banquet hall and began walking over to the doors, they walked past a group of attorneys that were outside talking amongst themselves, the attorneys stopped talking and were all turning their heads looking at Sadie, pointing and smiling at her, they then began talking quietly while still keeping their eyes on her. She reached up to Antonio's ear and whispered "I hope they aren't talking bad about me."

He placed his hand on the small of her back and leaned into her ear "They're most likely talking about how gorgeous you look tonight." he smiled "Shall we?" he asks, giving her a wink. He walked her to where she needed to be, so that she could get ready for the event.

He gave her a long passionate kiss before leaving, and headed to find their table. She stood in the rehearsal room memorizing her small speech that she had prepared, hoping to not screw it up.

The coordinator went into the dressing room to get the girls, letting them know that it was time. He walked them to the back of the stage, lining them up and instructing them on what to do as they walked down the stage.

Sadie was finally up next, she began inhaling and exhaling slowly, trying to calm her nerves down. Just as she was about to go on stage, the coordinator quickly walked up to her and began adjusting her hair and makeup.

"Have fun." he tells her, before she walked out there.

Sadie walked down the stage smiling, turning her head when she heard whistles from one end of the crowd, it was Antonio's group who were standing and whistling at her. She smiled and waved at them before heading back.

After all the girls walked on the stage, Sadie was called out by the speaker to come join him on the stage. He introduced her as she walked towards him, and mentioned to the crowd about the awareness that she was going to speak about. There was a white screen hanging behind her, that started flashing pictures of Harlow, as well as pictures of her with Antonio and the girls.

Antonio was shocked to see the pictures that were being shown, he had no idea that Sadie gave them pictures to display. His eyes were glued to the screen and had gotten teary eyed, each time it showed a picture of her. He was so touched by Sadie's heart, that it only made him love her even more.

"Good evening... before we get started with the awards this evening, we would like to take a moment of silence in honor of a very special woman who is no longer with us." Everyone got quiet and bowed their heads for a couple minutes, taking their moment of silence.

"Harlow Russo was a brave and courageous young woman, who was taken away from us way too soon at the young age of twenty-nine. In honor of Harlow's memory, we would like to raise awareness of breast cancer, and we would like to ask if you could donate what you can, in her honor. All proceeds raised tonight will go to the Breast Cancer Awareness Charity in her name, to help find a cure for this horrible disease. BCAC is a non-profit organization, that one hundred percent of its proceeds go to the cancer research. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, or Antonio who is sitting right over at that table." she says, pointing over at Antonio.

"I also would like to say; Antonio Russo will also be donating one million dollars." Antonio stood up waving, before sitting back down.

"Thank you so much." she said, smiling.

Sadie left the stage to have a seat next to Antonio. He stood up as she walked up to the table, giving her a hug, and kissing her on the lips. "You did a wonderful job, you looked wonderful up there." he smiled, whispering in her ear.

Before they started handing out the awards, the waitresses walked the tables filling up everyone's glasses with champagne, and refilling their glasses of water, while servers were placing their meals in front of them. Antonio leaned over to her asking if she would like anything else to drink while the waitress was there taking drink orders.