Chapter 1: Troy | Meeting The New Girl

I was at this bar, drinking stuffs that I didn't even like. I was just wasting my money.  It's been 2 years since she broke my heart but I kept thinking about her, but not in a romantic way. Because I was over her. She left just recently. I ordered another drink, just for me to down. I didn't notice the people were like a wild fire, the people kept growing and growing. My eyes wandered around the room. Seeing these people made me sad, they seemed happy. But here I was. I sighed.

           My heart was aching. Still aching because of her. But I knew, deep down, that I was done with her. Feelings no more. But I still had this something in me that I couldn't quite explain. This girl was my best friend. Our group consisted of 3: Me, Kyle Jacobs, and Jane Louis. Cliche it was, Jane had this love feeling towards Kyle. But she said she didn't want to ruin their relationship, she kept it. Turned out, Kyle had liked her back. But they were too afraid. When Kyle confessed his feelings to Jane through letter, she ran off. She said she really was afraid that it might ruin their best friendship.

          I loved Jane. But I guess it's just a little. Because I've managed to hold my feelings for her. My eyes drifted to the room. And then I saw a girl.

          I was looking at her, dancing. And my heart beat fast suddenly. It didn't work this way before. But the first time I laid my eyes on her, it was like Cupid hit me with his arrows. Her eyes gazed on me and I tried to keep myself steady. She was far, but I could see her gray eyes clearly. She walked towards me and I felt myself getting nervous. Why was I getting nervous? I wasn't like this. Normally, girls would feel this. But I didn't expect this myself to feel this way. I wasn't a player, but I had some flings. Just flings. And I knew, since I saw her, that I wanted this girl in my life. I pursed my lips, concealing my nervousness. As she was getting closer, my eyes traveled up and down her body. Her eyes traveled all over my body, and I smirked. She was checking me out. Yes, guess I had a chance. When she looked at me, I grinned bigger than ever. On the inside, I was really nervous. But I was just trying to keep my posture steady. Didn't want to lose her. I put an arm around her waist. Shit. I wasn't thinking! Now she would think of me as a hormonal guy who just wanted to get into her pants. I stood and said, "Name's Troy Hepburn. What's yours, good looking lady?"

          "Jennifer Cavill." She said.