Chapter 11: Jennifer | Dual Confrontation

Title: Dual Confrontation

POV: Jennifer

I decide to meet up with Amy. That’s what I will do today. After Azaria freaked out (Well, not exactly ‘freaked out’. I think, mini freaked out? Because when we were walking, he freaked out. He was sweating. His eyes widen, and he couldn’t speak. So I suggested to him that we should just go back to the campus. But he declined, told me to go on my own. So I did. But I wonder what’s with him.), my mind told me to meet up with Amy.

I’m walking at the Morrison Hall, turn to my left, I see a sign that says ‘Landsberg’, so I quickly go there. My feet hesitate for a moment, it’s like it’s glued on the ground. I’m scared of facing her again. I’m ready to forgive her, thanks to my mind. But I’m freaking out right now, my hands are clammy. My head is throbbing. OhSoGosh, what to do? What is she doing today?

I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach. The weight on my shoulders becomes so heavy. I’ve been practicing what to say to her, but I don’t know where to or how to start it. What if she decline? What if she doesn’t want to be friends with me again? There are so many questions running in my head, and I demand an answers to these questions. And I know, only Maple and I can answer that.

I take the stairs, every footstep becomes so heavy. I inhale deeply, and shut my eyes for a moment. Trying to calm myself. Don’t panic. Don’t panic. I open it and take another steps. I’m on the second floor now, and I’m hesitating now. I roll my eyes to myself, unable to decide whether or not to meet up with her. Whether or not it’s a good idea. Of course, it is.

Walk, you idiot, my mind says.

I whip my head left and right, left and right. Looking for her room. Maggie Lee. Topaz Cruz. Gregie Tom. Michael Ashen. Timothy Lipshic. Maya Anderson. Maple Newcastle.

Maple Newcastle.

I gawk at it for a moment, walk a single step, and place my forehead on the door. Great, what if she open the door and I stumble? Good way to impress. She might hate me. But I guess not, she’s always naïve and girly. Until our huge fight. My eyes are shut, thinking of something I would say, that I might say, that I will say. Unfortunately, my mind won’t cooperate. So I just brace myself, take a deep breath, exhale, and knock on the door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The door bursts wide open and I see a brunette girl that is staring at me, gawking at me. Her eyes widen, her mouth is open. I give her a faintly smile, and she gestures me to come in her dorm. I sit on the edge of her mini pink bed. I can’t believe I’m staring at Amy Newcastle’s face, my best friend’s face. She’s still gawking at me. So I start the conversation (I’m just trying!) “So….”

Amy closes her mouth, and she smiles at me. “So.”

“So what now?” I say to her, shaking my head while smiling.

A pause. She looks down, on the ground, or maybe at her feet. I can’t tell. She’s fiddling with her fingers, completely nervous. I have known her since forever, that’s why I know everything about her. Every single thing. “I just want to say sorry.”

“I know.” I say, mostly to myself. Now, the weight on my shoulder has been lifted off of me. I can now breathe normally. “I’m sorry, too. I’m sorry that I have given up on you. Not a best friend thingy.”

“Yes. Not a best friend thingy.” She agrees. A smile on her face. “Just to let you know, Ben and I broke up. That scumbag.”

All I can say is “Oh.” They broke up. Well, that’s a good thing. Because a) He’s a bitch and b) He’s a freak and c) He’s a bitch. “Okay.”