Chapter 6: Azariah | Love In Denial?

Title: Love In Denial?

POV: Azariah

After the confrontation with Tiffany. Rick and I go back to the campus. He said he’s happy now that Tiffany is going to be operated. The cancer will go away, and it will never come back. The sun tingles my skin as I walk down the hallway. I’m daydreaming, when someone bumps me.

She’s blonde.

She’s perfect.

She’s Jennifer.

It’s cute that she’s wearing her hair in a bun, but it’s messy. And it perfectly fits her. It suits her perfectly. Her eyes stare at me for a hundred seconds, or it feels like it. I can’t help it but to smile, and I notice her perfect lips. Pale lips, slightly parted. It makes me want to kiss it, and for a moment.

I stare at it. My eyes dart to her gray eyes, the color itself is so deep it makes me want to treasure it. Like it’s a precious jewel.

She raises her left eyebrow and I notice something in her eyes, it’s different, tantalizing. She opens her mouth but closes it as if something has blocked her mind. I open mine too, but my mind fails me. It doesn’t work, like there’s something in my throat that I couldn’t release, couldn’t let it out. Instead, she just rolls her eyes and I nearly laugh. She passes me but I catch the hem of her pink t-shirt, she turns around and frowns and ignores me and heads to Greg’s table. I shake my head, trying to clear the thought of Jennifer’s lips in my mind.

Jennifer’s lips.

Jennifer’s lips.

Jennifer’s lips.

Jennifer’s lips.

Jennifer’s mouth. I smile at the thought of it. Someone nudges me at the back, and it’s Ajax. His hair is slicked back, and he’s completely different right now, like he’s another person. I wonder what made him turn to looking like this, like a gentleman. So I ask him what’s with him, and he says that he’s in love. “I met this girl in this club. She has this violet hair, like, really. Violet? But it’s pretty great on her. And her smile. It’s like a heaven’s gift, you know what I mean?” He says without even stopping.

“Yeah. I know what you mean.” I sigh, and look at Jennifer’s table. Georgina catches me staring at Jennifer so I have to look away, and I do.

When I look back, George is whispering to Georgina, then whispers to Jennifer. And Jennifer looks at me, eye to eye. My nerves send a chills to my spine. I have to look away. It’s like I’m gonna melt whenever she stares at me like that. Like, there’s something into it. Like, there’s a deep reason to it. I walk away and follow Ajax.

At the table, Pepper, Hilton, Syrio and Amon are waiting. I pull the chair and sit between Hilton and Pepper. Amon leans and burps. Hilton makes a yuck expression Pepper nearly laughs but tries to conceal it. I know there’s something going on between Hilton and Pepper, so I bring it up. “So what’s with you two?”

“What do you mean what’s with them?” Amon says, looks at Hilton, puts his hands on his head and the sleeves of his shirt fall so his tattoo is now visible.

“Um,” responds Hilton. “Nothing?”

“You’re not sure, are you?” Syrio says, shakes his head and laughs. “Oh come on, bring it up. We have the feeling that you two are doing something cheesy. Right, Peps?”

“Shut up, Cheerio.” Pepper laughs. Syrio raises his eyebrow and Pepper laughs. “Okay, Hilton’s my boyfriend.”

“Since when?” I ask.