Chapter 15: Jennifer | Our Date?

Title: Our Date?

POV: Jennifer

We just stare at the lake, no words coming out of our mouths. Silence is filling our surroundings, it’s not an awkward silence, though. In fact, we’re kind of enjoying this. No problems, no worries, no everything. Just me and Troy. I look at Troy, and he’s so calm, enjoying the cool breeze that is brushing our skins every second. His hands are in between his legs, then he leans down, laying down on a soft yet rough stone. We’re in a cliff, he puts his hand on top of mine and it sends a cool shiver in my spine. I look down at him, and his eyes are shut.

I follow him, so I lay down beside him. My head is on his chest, I shut my eyes and just savor this moment. I wonder if he likes me. He likes me, right? I don’t know why he’s being sweet. But I know that he has no intentions of hurting me, it’s not in his aura. Nor in his appearance.

It’s cute how he smiles, his dimples are showing, and sometimes, he’s blushing. It’s cute that he’s blushing, it rarely happens! After an hour, I suddenly remember that I was with Zane and Cashmere. Uh oh, I’ll be damned. I should have texted them first, or said good bye. Because they were busy making out, that’s why. They deserved it. Anyways, I fish my phone out of my pocket and text them, saying I’m safe and I’m with someone cute. Cashmere replies and asks me if he’s handsome, and I reply back, telling her that he’s very handsome, like he’s some sort of a god. She replies back, and at the end of the sentence, there’s a wink smiley. It basically says ‘do’ him. I just text her back with a no smiley. Then she doesn’t reply.

As I get back beside Troy, I notice that he’s staring at me with his intense green eyes. He jolts up, and walk towards me. He smiles at me, and it catches me off guard again. I look down, looking at my feet, hiding my face because I am freaking blushing. He puts a finger on my chin, making me look up, and he leans down. Then he plants a kiss on my lips, it’s very sweet and soft. He kisses me just for a second, and he leans back. He tugs a strand of my hair underneath my ear, and I blush more.

“We should go back,” says Troy. A perfect, dashing smile is forming on his lips. “It’s getting late. I don’t want you getting raped, or something bad, now do I?”

I release a sweet, caring, and soft giggle. He blushes again. Aww, so cute! “Yes, sure.” I say softly. He takes my hand and leads me to his truck, he opens the door and lets me in. Then he jogs to the other side and hauls himself in the driver seat. He gives me a cute smile, and starts the engine. The truck roars to life, and he looks at the back.

He carefully drives backward, and now, we’re back on track. He drives slowly, because it’s dark. The only light is the moon and the stars. And I’m grateful for that. At least, he’s careful. I just notice that he’s holding my hand. He puts it on top of his thigh as he drives. And I blush. No one has ever done this before to me. Maybe I have a chance with him. Maybe Azariah is not for me. Maybe Troy is really for me. Maybe Troy and I would be a good and cute couple.

After a 15 minutes ride. Troy, being a gentleman, jogs to my side and opens the door for me. I shake my head playfully, while a smile is forming on my lips. I take his hand and get out of his truck. The smile has a lights turned on, so I guess they’re still awake. I ask Troy if he wants something, and he shakes his head. I ask him if he wants to enter at my house, and he accepts it. I lead him, then open the door.

Yep, they’re still awake. Chatting with each other. My mom, Nathan, Cashmere, Zane, Mr. and Mrs. Keller look up at me, breaking their small chat. Then their eyes move to Troy. Cashmere wiggles her eyebrows at me, and I shake my head. Trying to suppress a laugh.