Chapter 10: Azariah | History Of Love

Title: History Of Love

POV: Azariah

I was playing basketball with my brother, Seldon, when she came. “Hey, babe!” Maple said, looking pretty and hot. She was wearing a green knee-length dress. Every time the wind passed, her skirt was swaying. Such a knocker! She flashed her perfect white teeth that caught me off guard. My brother threw the ball at me and it hit me hard on the back. Maple stifled a laugh and rolled her eyes. “I’ve got something, babe. Come ‘er!”

I quickly marched up to her, looking what she had brought for me. The wind passed us hard again, and her brunette hair flew up in the air. She tucked it underneath her hair and I kissed her on the lips. Thinking about her was good. Really, really good. It was like a dream. Thinking of her made me calm, always. I hugged her from behind and she kissed me on the cheek. “Alright, lovebirds. Stop this lovey dovey act. I’m getting tired of that. Seriously.” Seldon said, grinning at us.

“Oh shut up, Seldon.” I snapped. “You’re just jealous. Get a girlfriend.”

“Shut up, Ri.” Seldon said, sweat running across his face. “And just so you know, I do have a girlfriend.”

I smirked. “Really, Seldon?

“Whatever.” He walked out of the court and darted to our house. Maple and I chuckled. Really, Seldom seemed annoyed. He was annoyed. I couldn’t think of what to say to Maple so I just took her wrist and hugged her tight, smelling her melon scent shampoo. God, I loved melons. Ever since Maple found out I was obsessing with melons, she bought some stuffs related to melons. Just to make me happy.

“Look at my boyfriend, happy with his melons.” I rolled my eyes. That’s true, whenever I have melons. I kind of forgetting about the world. The taste of melons is good, and it’s very tasty. I snaked an arm around her waist and walked in my house. We sat on the couch, cuddling. It made me relax and calm. I remembered when I was courting her, I had had to do some list about how I could make her happy and why I deserve to be her boyfriend. I, of course, did it. If you love a person, you would do anything for him or her, right? Even if it makes you sick, or not. Whether you like it or not.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” she wailed as I grabbed my melon out of her hand. “It’s also mine too!”

“Nope,” I said. I wouldn’t give it to her without putting an argument. “As far as I know, you gave these melons to me. At least, that’s what I remember.” She pouted her lips, crossed her arms on her chest and rolled her eyes. God darn it, why did she have to be so cute when she’s mad? It’s like she was born for it, to be a beauty queen. She just pouted her lips, stared at the TV as if she liked what’s airing. It’s a sport. Car racing.

I didn’t expect it. Of course, I knew Maple. She would argue with me whenever I’d take some of her things in her hand. I had expected her to wail, to whiny, to mutter something. But she didn’t. So I had to comfort her, “Oh, Mapes. I’m sorry. You know me, I was only being a jerk.” I grabbed her face with my hands and lifted it so now that she’s looking at me. “Please talk to me.” I pouted my lips.

I rubbed her forehead, she creased it. I pouted my lips longer than it should be. That made her stifle a laugh, so I pushed it. Trying to make her laugh. She finally broke in, unable to suppress it any longer. She laughed real hard, hitting the couch with her hands. She tried to stop just to breathe, but couldn’t because I kept doing it. Finally, she caught some oxygen and blurted out, “You cheated!” She pressed. “You cheated, you little, impossible, you—”

I shut her up with a kiss.

She moaned while I was kissing her, I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her into me so that there would be no gap between us. Her chest was pressed against my chest, shoulder to shoulder. I slide my hand down across her thigh, rubbing it. I broke the kiss first, just to breathe. I stood up, then leaned down. I pressed my lips onto hers, and grabbed her legs and curled them around my waist. This feeling was so intense that I was afraid I would just die. But of course, I knew that wouldn’t happen.