Chapter 12: Azariah | Ouch, Azariah.

Title: Ouch, Azariah.

POV: Azariah

When I saw Maple’s face, I was completely shocked. I didn’t know what to do. My heart was beating so fast I couldn’t concentrate on anything. My eyes focused on Maple, and to her belly. That Dylan guy. I swear I’m gonna kill him.

I told Jennifer to go to campus all by her own, she hasn’t heard me crystal clear so I’ve had to repeat it. She nodded and went back to the school. I was still looking at Maple when she noticed me. She gawked at me, blinking. She looked down, her face turned red. She was fiddling with her fingers. She was so nervous, I think. I sighed, sweat running down my face. My hands went clammy, my heart was racing. I walked towards her. She was still looking at the ground, she tried to open her mouth but no words came out.

I opened mine too, but then I closed it again. Since I didn’t know what to say. This was the first time I saw her again since after our break up session. She looked up, and I looked at her. I stared into her eyes and there was a sadness in it. She was hurt. I couldn’t say what I wanted to say, maybe, just maybe, it was because of the embarrassment. Or to the things that I have done to her. I kept looking at her belly, and she jerked her head to the cafeteria. I nodded.

I was being a gentleman, so I grabbed a sit for her and asked her to sit. She gave me a soft smile and then sat. I took mine, and sat on it. I so wanted to know what happened with her. I picked up the menu and ordered a cappuccino, Maple ordered a water. I asked her if she was hungry, but she just shook her head. I looked into her eyes again, and they were still the same. Sadness and rage. I tried to swat the thought away out of my head, but it just couldn’t.

She was so nervous that she was shaking, she tried to calm herself and muttered something. But I barely heard it, since there were people talking out loud. The sun beam was hitting my skin, and I shivered. It wasn’t cold, but somehow, I felt something cold around me. In fact, it was so hot around me. I wasn’t expecting this. Hell, I didn’t expect this meeting between me and her. I wasn’t ready. And now, guilt was covering me. Covering my whole body I just didn’t know what to do. My mind was clogged, and I couldn’t access the part of my brain for words. So we just stared to each other. She released a long sigh, and I looked up at her. She was gawking at me.

All I could manage to say was “Hi.” Damn, I know it wasn’t right. But she considered it, she gave me a tight smile and she was so darn beautiful. Even she was pregnant, you wouldn’t see a hint of stress around her face. Hell, she was still sexy even when she’s pregnant.

“Hello.” She said. “How are you?” Her soft voice booming in my ears, processing in my brain, then delivering the message in my heart.

“As usual, I’m fine.” I said to her, not making an eye contact again. “Why are you pregnant? I want to know the whole truth. Was that the reason you broke up with me?” I demanded an answer from her. She sniffed. And I knew she was gonna cry in any second. The hell, what I was supposed to do? I wasn’t specialized to comfort people. “Please.”

She opened her mouth, then closed it. She inhaled deeply, and exhaled. “Okay, at the beginning.” She said, looked at her left as if she was waiting to see something against the window. I leaned back on my chair. “Yes, I broke up with you because of this.” She gestured to her body, more specific, to her belly. “I didn’t want you to know this. So I broke up with you.”

“So, you were flirting with others? The hell, Maple.” I half snarled. “What have I done to you? Nothing, right?”

“I know. You didn’t do anything, and you didn’t deserve this.” She gestured to me, and to her belly. “And I didn’t deserve this either. It was a fault.”