Mate

It was dark out. I could hear the sounds of crickets chirping outside and the wind howled like a pack of wolves. Or maybe it was a pack of wolves. You really never do know when you are in pack territory. I sighed, sitting up a bit as I gazed out of my window to look at the outside world. I didn't know when I should go home. Should I even go back? I don't know, I missed my family.

Although...

I took a deep breath, breathing in my mates scent. It was still lingering in the air somehow, although I wasn't complaining.

I missed him, although it was probably only the mate bond making me think that way. There are no words I could use to describe the way I feel about him. He was perfect. So utterly perfect.

And he was all mine.

I shook my head, quickly pulling away from the window as I grabbed the bedpost. Tears stung my eyes as they trailed down my face, I breathed in deeply. This was all too much for me.

I could literally feel the mate bond urging me to go to him and accept the bond, to kiss him, to- I stopped, a blush spreading across my face as I quickly shook my head. No, I'm not going to think about that.

Slowly I sat down on the bed, looking outside at the full moon. I wanted my mate. My other half. But for some reason I was just too scared to accept, although I didn't know why.