Chapter Two

Sapphire POV

I was about to raise my hand to as a question about it when suddenly an alarm went off and everyone started screaming.

"All staff and students please report to the safe dome. I repeat, all staff and students please report to the safe dome." Someone announced from the speakers.

All the students ran out of the classroom trying to get to the safe dome first. I, however, took my time standing up as I put my hoodie back on, turning me invisible.

I wasn't really scared about what was going to happen or anything like that because of the fact that dragons were one of the most powerful creatures on the entire planet. Slowly, I walked out of the classroom and to the halls were I got swept along by the tide of students racing towards the safe dome.

The safe dome was nothing special, it was just a giant dome covered in silver, bronze, and wood. All of which were fatal to anything that is not what we are or human. The only thing that could kill a dragon is gold or a well placed strike, which is actually one of the reasons why we hoard so much gold in the first place.

Suddenly I was snapped back into reality when I saw my best friend sitting on the ground trying not to get trampled. Acting quickly, I barged through the tide of students to reach her. When I finally arrived and helped her up onto her feet she hugged me really tightly.

"Sapphire! Thank the goddess you're here! It's as if everyone here turned into a herd of rhinos." She exclaimed as she let go before looking around at all the people.

"Are you okay, Whisper?" I suddenly asked, checking her for injuries.

"I'm okay! No need to get so worried!" She said shoving my hands away with a laugh. I laughed with her before the two of us made our way over to get a good spot on the floor where we wouldn't get trampled.

"What do you think is happening?" Whisper asked me and I shrugged.

"I have no idea but I have a feeling that something's going to happen today" I told her, looking around. "I don't know if it's good or bad." whispered quietly and Whisper looked at me.

"I have that feeling too, I think it's a good thing though." Whisper said and leaned onto my shoulder, her dark brown hair trailing down like water in a river. I rested my head on her head and watched all the kids scrambling to get a good seat.

This was going to be a long day.

Thank you for reading and I hope you like this story as much as I love writing it.

Who do you think is more annoying, spitball kid or the teacher?

Thanks for reading and goodnight!! (Or day) Please vote, comment, and follow!!