39: Almost Time

"You are so magnificent, my love." You marveled at your husband, sitting in his throne as you stood beside him, Cerberus sleeping at your feet. "Sometimes, even I am impressed with you."

"There is no need. I am impressed with you, my wife. To carry our heir for us with so few complaints or complications. Only to crave one food; it's something I relish. How much longer do you think it shall be until we meet the small thing?" He laid a hand upon your swollen abdomen.

"Soon. I feel them moving throughout the day. They must be ready to join us." You laughed, placing your hand over Lucifer's. He had been particularly doting lately; not that it was something unexpected.

His feathers shivered and poofed out more.

"I am so pleased to hear that." He explained. "My baby. Our baby."

"Macaria." You repeated the name to him.

"Yes. I am also sure of that. It will be a female child and her name shall be Macaria." He smiled at your stomach and laid his head against you.

"That is fine with me. It's a pretty enough name. What will you have her call you?" You inquired as you ran your fingers through his long blonde hair.

"Father. Just like a human." He sighed with contentedness. "Tell me about human families."

"It's been such a long time, Lucifer. I'm afraid I don't remember much." You frowned.

His blue eyes pierced your own. He had seen the humans and been around them more than you had.

"Well," You began, trying to please him. "I remember that unlike demons, human families are bonded for life. There is no forgetting. And that the human children take much longer to mature. They won't be fully grown for a long time. Besides that, I don't remember much else."

Lucifer pulled you into his lap and began to nuzzle your neck and stroke your stomach.

"I simply cannot wait to meet the baby. I want to pull her outside of you right this second and meet her now." He laughed just enough to indicate that he wasn't serious, "But I shan't. I value my wife. Now, especially, that I know we are indeed compatible. Even if it takes many years."

"You're already thinking about another baby?" You laughed pathetically. "I can hardly contain this one. I'm starving all the time. I'm tired all the time. If you were carrying this offspring, surely you wouldn't be so ready!"

"You're a strong mate, YN." He kissed your forehead. "You could do it ten times over."

You groaned and swatted at him.

"I could, but I shan't."You mimicked him. "Perhaps once more. I always wanted siblings. Instead, I had three irritating aunties."

"Ar-ties? Should our baby have those?" Lucifer cocked his head to the side.

"Au-nties. And no. They were my mother's sisters. Do you have any siblings? Brothers or sisters?"

Lucifer paused for a few moments and thought.

"Perhaps at one point in time one could say I had brothers. Give or take, who you ask. And they go by many names as well. But I remember them being called Gabriel, Michael and Raphael. Or sometimes Jibrail, Mikail and Israfil. Something along those lines... But our children won't be able to meet them." He shook his hand in the air. "It's for the best. I assure you."

You frowned slightly, recognizing the story you were missing.

"Alright."

You'd ask another time.

AN: Sorry for the massive wait! I should have updated this before I left for my work training but I didn't! :( So here we go, holiday update for me!  Also, I wanted to thank everyone for 2k followers. I wasn't sure where to write this (because I have so many stories so honestly it didn't matter where), but when I first started writing about a year ago, I literally couldn't imagine getting to even 1k followers. But I've doubled that! I'm amazed with myself and all of you!

But I'm also in a weird place in life where I'm wondering what I'm still doing here because I'm writing fanfiction as a college graduate. I just want to know who else is like "Why am I still here?" but continues to be here? No shame xD I love Wattpad, it's just weird to be a lot older than a lot of my readers.