You Are So Cute- Soryu

Soryu had been so busy lately hardly having any time to relax. Bothered by this you really wanted to do something to lighten his spirits - and so you decided you would bake him a cake. Of course a cake isn't an omelette, but he has omelettes so often it was about time you treated him to something different- lest he turns into an omelette. Though Soryu would probably be disgruntled if you told him that.

Soryu was currently out so now was the perfect time to get started. You gathered all the ingredients together, everything but the flour that is. “Where is that darn flour?” You thought. Eventually you found it peeking out from the very top shelf in the kitchen cupboard. You don't know how it got up there but you figure Soryu must have had something to do with it. Leaning over the bench you strain to reach the flour, your fingers lightly grazing it. Slowly, slowly, the flour was nearly in reach. Finally, you should be able to grab it now, or so you thought.

Unfortunately, the flour slipped right through your fingers, you watched on in horror as the flour was on a collision course for none other than your face. It felt as if it happened in slow motion, the flour packet tumbling down, the flour pouring out and spreading all over you, but in reality it happened so fast you were left in a daze.

You quickly inspected yourself and could see the flour covering your hands and clothes; you could only imagine what a fright your face probably looked like right now. All you could do was sigh. Just then you heard what sounded like quiet laughter from behind- It couldn't be him, he left not long ago to take care of some business. But what if it was him? You were a total mess… It made you shudder to think of him seeing you in such an unsightly state.

Feeling uneasy you slowly turned around. There stood Soryu looking at you with a kind smile. You opened your mouth but couldn't find the words, you simply stood there with your mouth agape and your eyes wide.

“Pfft. Don't look so worried.” Soryu smirked, coming closer. “You are so cute.” He said, wiping some of the flour from your cheek.

“You think I look cute?” You said in a whisper, surprised.

“Of course. Adorable, even. But why are you covered in flour?”

“That is…” You wanted to surprise him with the cake but as things are now it won't be much of a surprise, “I was going to bake you a cake but the flour was so high up and the rest is history.” You shrugged, softly sighing.

Soryu flinched, his face looking apologetic as if he had done something wrong. “That's my fault. I packed the flour away completely forgetting our height difference.” Soryu looked troubled he had caused you such an inconvenience.

“It's fine. I've always wanted to take a flour bath.” You smile to try lighten the mood as you didn't want Soryu to feel bad.

Soryu focuses on you and is soon smiling again, “You really are cute. Trying to cheer me up while looking like that, how could I not feel better.” He softly laughed.

You slightly puff out your cheeks, “Hmph. Now you are just being mean.”

Soryu laughs even more, “Thank you.” His sudden gratitude caught you off guard. “I know you wish for us to spend more time together so I let Inui take care of business and came back as fast as I could.”

So that's why he was back so fast. No matter what the cake never would have been ready in time but this isn't so bad. You may be covered in flour and failed to bake the cake but these precious moments with Soryu only come about once in a blue moon. To see him smile so carefree and laugh so happily, it made your heart warm.

“Let's spend the day together.”

“Let's. But first we need to get you cleaned up. Shall we take a bath?”

“B-Bath? Together?’

“I'm not the one covered in flour. Of course we are going in together.” Soryu says, taking you by the hand, “I have to make sure every inch of your body is clean from the flour, after all.” He smirks, “Let's hurry.” And just like that Soryu drags you off to the bathroom.