Come With Me- Eisuke

Timed seemed to be moving slowly; every passing moment felt like an eternity.

Any moment we could be discovered, and yet despite knowing that I didn't want this moment to end. This was our last chance to be together before I would be forced into a marriage I didn't wish for.

“I wish time would stop. I want to stay like this, forever.” I desperately cling to his clothes as I bury my head against his chest.

His arms that always made me feel so safe gripped me even tighter.

“I don't want to let you go. I can't stand the thought of letting another man having you- a man who doesn't even love you like I do.”

Eisuke… My beloved Eisuke. It was just as hard for him as it was for myself. Of course he wouldn't want to let me go nor do I want him too. But my accursed parents… They do not approve of our relationship.

I come from a noble family but Eisuke has no noble blood. He isn't fit to be my husband, they say. They do not care about my happiness, they only care about their reputation and thus would willingly force me into a loveless marriage just to please their own selfish needs.

“Let's run away.”

What? I was shocked by his sudden suggestion. My head shot up in a hurry.

“Run away? B-But where would we go?” I was worried. If I ran away I would become an outcast. Not only that Eisuke would be put in danger. “I can't do that… I can't put your life at risk.”

“That doesn't matter.”

I flinched under his serious tone. There was no hesitation in his eyes.

“I need you, Elli. Besides, I couldn't live with myself letting you marry that man and spending the rest of your life miserable.”

Eisuke gripped my shoulders as he desperately tried to reason with me.

“I am willing to risk everything for you.”

Everything? I know he would… But is this really the right thing to do? If Eisuke got hurt or even worse killed because of me…

I stood up and distanced myself from him. My eyes fixed on the floor, staring at it lifelessly as my mind wandered elsewhere.

“Elli.”

There was an urgency in his voice. Eisuke was standing right behind me closely watching me.

“Eisuke… I apologize for my weakness. Please understand I want to be with you more than anything but I'm scared something will happen to you…”

I earnestly tell him my feelings; tears starting to blur my vision. In the next moment a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. The same warm, reliable arms I loved so much.

“Did I not say none of that matters?” His voice was no more than a whisper in my ear; his words were like a stab to my heart. They sounded so sad…

“I know!” I said louder than I intended. I was at my limits. “I know…” I turned to look at him, my lips trembling. “Even so, I can't put you in that kind of danger. If you got hurt I could never forgive myself.”

Eisuke’s eyes went wide for a moment before slowly narrowing as he faced away. His whole demeanor seemed cold all of a sudden.

“So my only choice is for both of us to be miserable for the rest of our lives, huh?”

“Eisuke?” I was stunned to hear how he was speaking.

He started to laugh but it was no normal laugh- it was the laugh of a man who had lost his will to live.