Chapter Eighteen

*A Couple Days Later*

Ed's POV

Today is Taylor's birthday. I'm going to try to make it as wonderful as I can, I know she deserves it. I woke up before her, and I kept my arms wrapped around her waist. I only had to wait a few minutes before she awoke as well.

"G'morning." She mumbled.

"Good morning birthday girl." I said, kissing the back of her head. She rolled over in my arms to face me.

"I guess that is today, huh?" She said, grinning.

"Yes, and I've got the perfect gift for you, love." I told her, and I pulled her close, kissing her.

"I've already got you, what else could you have gotten me?" She giggled, and I laughed.

"Well, I was going to put myself in a box and wrap myself up, but now that you've got me figured out..." I said, and she laughed again.

"Good luck with that one." She said. "So, what'd ya get me?" She asked excitedly, but I shook my head.

"Oh, Taylor, you should know that I can't just tell you, you'll have to wait and find out." I said, and she sighed playfully.

"Ed..." She whined childishly. "Well, maybe we could make cake for breakfast this morning, what do you say?" She suggested, and I nodded.

"Whatever you wish is what you will get." I told her, and she grinned. We got out of bed and ran downstairs. "Are you sure you want me helping? I'm not very good at this whole baking thing." I asked, smiling. She laughed.

"Well, it's not too hard, and I'll be watching over you. You got dis." She said, and we both laughed. She grabbed the ingredients out of the cupboard, and began mixing and stirring and all those baking things. After half an hour, she put the cake into the oven. "Wonderful job, Mr. Sheeran." She said, and I laughed. I took a bow.

"Why thank you, Ms. Swift. I hope my baking skills meet your high standards." I returned, and she giggled.

"Surpassed them by lengths." She assured with a nod of approval. "Oh! Now, come here." She said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me over to the window. "Look! It's snowing!" She exclaimed as if though she were a small child, pointing as the flakes drifted slowly to the ground feet below us. I nodded. "We are SO gonna have a snowball fight later." She said, and I laughed.

"And you are SO gonna lose." I told her, and she smirked.

"We'll see about that." She told me.

"One question though, where will we be having this snowball fight? You do realize we are in the crowded city of Nashville, in an apartment several stories up, correct?" I asked.

"At the park, duh." She stated obviously.

"Oh, that would make sense." I said. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close, with her head leaning backwards onto my shoulder. We stood there watching the snow fall until the timer went off.

"Cake's done!" She yelled, and ran back into the kitchen. She threw on her oven mitts and pulled it out. I instinctively grabbed a fork out of the drawer, and she shook her head.

"If you try and eat it now, you're going to burn your whole mouth." She told me, and I puffed out my bottom lip. "But, you can help spread on the icing." She told me, and I broke out my smile again. She grabbed a can of frosting out of the fridge, and we both got out a butter knife and began covering the whole cake in red frosting. When we were finished, it didn't look very pretty.

"Can we dig in now?" I asked impatiently.

"Wait...." She said, grabbed a fork out of the drawer, and took a huge bite right out of the middle.