Chapter Eight

Taylor's POV

Today is Ed's last show in NYC, but he's still got one more day here after. The whole day, he's seemed a little on edge.

"Ed, are you ok? You seem a little...upset." I asked worried.

"One of my opening acts came down with a fever, he won't be able to play tonight. I have NO idea what I'm going to do." He fumed.

I thought for a moment, then had an idea. "What if I was the opening act? Would that be able to work? I could just do some acoustic stuff, play a couple of songs. That'd be awesome!" I said excitedly.

"Taylor, that'd be a total downgrade for you. Opening for anyone, especially me, that wouldn't be fair to you." He said, touching his hand softly to my arm. I shook my head.

"It'd be fun! I wouldn't mind it at all. I'd love it!" I insisted, brushing my hand across his cheek.

"Well, if you really think so...here, let's go and tell my manager, and get you miked up. Do you have any idea what you want to play? Pick....three songs." He said, and I smiled. He slowly started walking, leading us through the arena as we held hands, trying to find his manager.

"That's easy. Ours, Love Story and Our Song. And I guess we can keep it in that order too." I said, and he nodded.

"Cool. And you're sure you're up to it? I don't want to downgrade super mega pop star Taylor Swift to opening for nobody Ed Sheeran." He said, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. "You're not nobody Ed Sheeran! Those 20,000 people are out there because you're not nobody Ed Sheeran. And you're not a nobody to me. You're everything to me. Of course I want to do it, I love you Ed. I do anything for you, even if it wasn't fun. I promise." I said. He smiled and kissed me, and then we continued our walk.

"I love you too." He said, looking at me, and he just about walked into his manager. "Oh, sorry, didn't see you there." He apologized, backing away a little.

"You're ok. So, have you solved your opening act problem?" His manager asked. Ed grinned.

"This is my solution!" He said, making a grand gesture to me, and I giggled. His manager looked confused. "Taylor offered to open for me, she said she was totally cool with it. She came up with the idea for it, and she's already got three songs she knows she can do. She said she could do it all acoustically, and she's over the moon about it." Ed explained, grinning.

"Really?" His manager asked, and Ed nodded. "Well, that's great! The show starts in about an hour, so get miked up and maybe run through it a couple times. Have fun!" He said, and ran off.

"This is so cool! You know Ed....my lips haven't been kissed in a couple of hours, and they need some company." I said playfully, and looked into his eyes.

"Well, we better solve that problem." He said, and leaned in and gave me a kiss. I ran my fingers through his hair, his hands placed on my waist.

"Much better." I said after we pulled away. He kept his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we walked towards his dressing room. Ed lent me a guitar and got me all set up with mikes. We sat back there for awhile, and I played him any song that came to mind. Sometime later, a stage hand knocked on the door.

"Taylor, you're on in five!" They called, and walked off.

"Let's get going then!" Ed said excitedly, and we hopped up. We ran backstage, and the sound of fans was deafening. I grinned. We stood in the wings, and I waited for them to signal me on, and they finally did. "Good luck, Taylor!" He said, gave me a quick kiss, and then I ran on. I was wearing a headset, so I could start talking whenever I wanted.