Chapter One

Taylor's POV

"Thanks for driving me to the airport, Taylor." Ed said. I smiled, and blushed a little.

"Sure! You're going to have so much fun on your first tour. I remember on the Fearless tour, every night was an absolute blast, I'd never been on my own tour before. You're going to absolutely love it! I just wish I wasn't so busy so I could come and see your shows." I said. Not only was I super busy, getting ready to release a new album, but how weird would that be? We're just friends, nothing more. Me following him everywhere on tour would definitely seem weird, and I doubt Ed would want that. He has friends outside of me, I need to let him get on with his own life. He just seems to so important to mine. I've been feeling happier and more confident with him around, I'm really going to miss him for these three months while he's away.

"Yeah, I'm really excited!" He agreed, grinning at the thought of it.

"You know," I started, a little nervous about what I wanted to say next. "I'm really going to miss you. Could you maybe call me when you land?" I asked, knowing fully it was an eighteen hour flight.

"I won't land until the middle of the night!" He pointed out.

"I know, I know, I just...it'd make me feel better, I honestly don't mind at all." I promised.

"Sure, I'll call you then. Unless I'm interrupting Meredith's beauty rest, then all bets are off." He joked, and we both laughed.

"Well, then, forget calling me, because Mere would be SO mad if you interrupt her oh so important sleep. It's not like she's a cat and she naps the day away anyways." I returned, and he grinned. We drove in silence the rest of the way to the airport, and I helped him pull his luggage out of the back of my car.

"Taylor, you don't have to drag my stuff in for me. You've already helped out loads!" He said, but I shook my head.

"No, Ed, it's cool. I got it. You can drag it around all you want when you get wherever you're going." I assured him, and he sighed.

"If you insist." He said, and I gave him a smile, which he happily returned. We made it to his gate, and I gave him a final goodbye hug, just like on the Red Tour.

"Bye Taylor." He said.

"Bye, Ed. I'll miss you!" I said, still holding him tight in a hug. I really don't want him to go.

"I'll miss you too, Taylor." He replied, and I smiled, continuing our hug for a few more moments. "Listen, I really have to get going, my flight leaves in a little bit." He urged.

"I know." I sighed. "Don't forget to call me!" I said as I stepped away, and debating placing a small kiss on his cheek, but decided against it.

"I won't, I swear!" He promised. "Bye then. See you in three months!" He said as he slowly walked away.

"Yeah...See you in three months! Bye!" I said, and waved. He waved back. He went through the gates, and I couldn't see him anymore. I ran back to my car and sat in the driver's seat, but didn't start the engine. I miss Ed loads, and his plane hasn't even taken off yet. I doubt he misses me anyways. I sat in the car and played with my hair, convincing myself that I could make it a few months without seeing him, before turning it on and driving home.

Ed's POV

I sat in the plane, waiting for it to take off. I imagine Taylor's already made it home, already forgotten about me. I didn't want to stop hugging her earlier, but we were already running behind from the late breakfast we had eaten. I wish she could come with, but she wouldn't want to. She's got a million other things to do, she's releasing an album after all. She won't miss me a bit. I wish it were different.

A/N: What do you think so far? I'm already working on the second chapter, I should be done with it shortly. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments, and maybe drop a quick vote for this chapter! The more feedback I get, the more I write! Thanks so much! ☺️