Chapter Sixteen

Ed's POV

Taylor.

That was all I could think.

Taylor.

She's out there, in the airport.

Taylor.

She just said she'd like to marry me.

Taylor.

I need to see her again.

The gunman played with the trigger on his gun, probably debating whether or not to kill me now or wait a few moments to draw out the suspension.

Taylor.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I leaped onto the gunman, taking him by surprise. He fell to the floor, causing the gun to go off, shooting a bullet through the ceiling, missing both of us. He flailed and kicked, and I managed to grab the gun and throw it far from reach. The SWAT team burst in, and they led him off into a waiting police car just outside the plane. I was immediately swarmed by paramedics and police officers, wanting to ask me questions, but I pushed them all out of the way.

Taylor.

I ran faster than I have ever ran in my entire life, my feet carrying me through the airport and to where she should be. "TAYLOR!" I yelled out, but didn't see her anywhere. I ran around a little more, calling her name. "TAYLOR!" I screamed, wanting nothing more in the entire world right now than to see her face.

I noticed a group of two or three paramedics crowded around one figure on the floor. I hoped with every last inch of me that it wasn't her, but of course, her limp body was sprawled on the cold airport floor. "TAYLOR!" I yelled, running over to her as I pushed the paramedics out of the way and scooped here up and into my arms. "Taylor..." I said, tears welling my eyes. She was breathing, but just barely. "What happened?" I asked frantically.

"She fainted when she heard the gunshot." A medic explained simply. I took one of her little hands in mine, tears now streaming down my face.

"Well then, wake her up!" I demanded. No response. "Well?!"

"There's really nothing we can do for her, she should wake up on her own." One of them said.

"Should? Should wake up?" I said, worried. No response. I held her close to me, and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Taylor..." I mumbled, hoping she would hear me and wake up. "Taylor, come on, wake up...please, love...Taylor..." I pleaded, tears streaming freely down my face as nothing happened. "Taylor, I love you, please, wake up, please...Taylor..."

Taylor's POV

"Taylor..." I heard someone say distantly. Everything was dark. "Taylor..." They said again. I slowly came to the realization my eyes were shut. "Taylor...come on...please wake up, love..." I heard them say again, and all of a sudden, I sat up, gasping for breath. Ed caught me in a hug, also breathing quickly and crying.

"ED!" I yelled, holding him close, remembering the whole situation. I realized I was laying on the floor in the airport, and my right hand was clutched in his. Now he's holding me close to him with his other hand, and his chest is rising and falling very quickly. I backed away and scanned him up and down, looking for injuries.

"Taylor, are you ok?" He asked, crying, but I pulled him back into a hug before I answered.

"I'm fine, but what about you? What happened? What about the gunshot? Are you alright? Ed, oh my god...I love you so much." I said, crying again, holding him close.

"I'm alright. Here, let me help you up." He said, and grabbed my hands as he steadied me while I stood. I stumbled a little, but Ed's quick arms caught me and brought me back up. I gained my footing, and I immediately kissed him.