Chapter 38

" Making every moment better. "
song: happier - marshmello ft bastille

*days earlier*

"Carl, what are you doing?" I giggled, walking onto the porch.
Carl sat there with a polaroid camera in his hand and Judith in his lap.
The camera snapped which caused Judith to squeal.

"Found this amazing thing." He smiled at me.
I shook my head, taking it from him.
"Hey!" Carl chuckled.

"I love you." I smiled.
I snapped a picture of him smiling the biggest smile.

"Now that's a keeper." I smirked at him, waving the picture in the air.

He smiled down at Judith as she reached up for me. I picked her up and put her on my hip. I hugged her softly, swaying back and forth. I smiled at her as she smiled at me.

The camera clicked and I looked at Carl.

"You're a keeper." He smiled as he got up to kiss my head.

I kissed his lips instantly, feeling my heart warm up. Judith giggled, looking up at us both.

"She adores you." Carl smiled.

I shook my head as Carl gave me the "whatever" look.

"It's because I'm the only girl who's around her all of the time." I said.

He shook his head.

"A lot of people watch her and she hasn't clicked with a single person until you came along." He smiled.

I looked at Judith and smiled widely.

She giggled loudly causing Carl and I to laugh.

"Maci paint?" Judith mumbled.

I smiled as I turned to Carl.

On the corner of the deck, there sat an almost empty bottle of blue paint and some paint brushes. A dirty towel sat beside the small pile.

"I just found a set of paint on a run a while back. She was too little to play with it." Carl said as he put his hands in his jean pockets and shrugged.

"Today's a pretty day to paint, huh?" I smiled at her.

She nodded quickly. I put her down as she ran to the paint and handed it to me.

I sat down, crossing my legs. Judith did the same thing as she sat across from me. I heard a chuckle from Carl so I looked up quickly.

He had the biggest smile on his face.

I smiled as I looked at Judith.

"Wanna see something cool?" I asked her.

She nodded as I squeezed the bottle of blue paint onto my hand. I brushed the paint out evenly then showed her.

"Blue!" She squealed.

I laughed, nodding.

I placed my hand down onto the deck and pressed down.