Chapter 22

Authors Note: Short Chapter..i just needed to update for you guys

Every noise that I heard, I jumped. My body filled with fear.

Every gunshot. Every scream. Every bang. I got scared.

I was terrified those men were going to come for us. I didn't let Carl out of my sight. I always had to make sure he was close so I could take action if anything happened.

I was risking my life for him.

I always would.

"Maci!"

I heard my Dad yell my name which scared the hell out of me. I got up and opened the front door. He stood in the road talking to Rick.
"Yeah?" I asked calmly as I stepped a few steps down to hear better.
"Jesus knows the compound where Negan and the saviors are at. He also believes the men who tried to kill you and the boys, are part of the saviors." He said.

I nodded simply with nothing to say.

"We are going to the compound tonight." Rick said.
My eyes widened.
"Everyone's coming besides a few people. We're going to kill them all." Rick said.
"I'm not going. I can't." I said.
"It's okay." Dad smiled at me.

He smiled.

"You're okay with killing them all?" I asked.
"They deserve it Maci." He said.
"Plus they will all be asleep." Rick added.
"So much better!" I laughed sarcastically and walked back inside.

"This is going to go so wrong." I shook my head as tears formed.
I remembered my dream. I got scared instantly.

What if you loose Carl over Ricks plan?

I shook my head quickly.

What if he dies right in front of you just like the other boy?

"No." I said shaking my head.

What will you do without him? You'll be a pathetic loser.

I shook my head again and again and finally just screamed.
"So many negative thoughts I can't never get rid of!" I screamed.
I reached for the roots of my hair and gripped them tight. My eyes started to water instantly.

I felt arms hold my hands.
I gasped, getting scared. I sighed out with relief once I saw it was Carl.
"Maci-" He shook his head.
"You're Dad and tons of others are going to Negans compound. He's going to kill them all." I said with fear in my eyes.

He just stared at me, so worried.

"Something's going to go so wrong Carl." I admitted.
"Everything's going to be fine." He shook his head.
I shook my head, disagreeing with him.
"I cant loose you.." I mumbled.
He stared at me, in complete shock with my words.

"You won't

"You won't." was all he said before he wrapped his arms around me.
I hugged him back tightly and shut my eyes. He never let go of me. We stood there and I was in his arms and he was in mine.
It felt right
I pulled away from him and he looked at me, still holding onto my waist.

Our foreheads were inches apart. My heart was racing and beating out of my chest. I nervously parted my lips as he looked at them. He smiled a tad before he leaned in closer to me.

"I don't wanna loose you." I admitted.

He smiled a full on smile

He smiled a full on smile. With his white teeth showing, his blue eyes on mine. I smiled back without any hesitation.
"I won't let anything happen to you." He said.
I smiled as our foreheads touched. I closed my eyes and let the whole situation sink in.

"I'm not worried about me, I just don't want to go." I whispered.
He closed his eye then nodded a bit.
"I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He whispered.
I smiled as he looked at me. He pulled away and leaned up. He kissed my forehead and stayed there for a few then he pulled away.

I smiled so incredibly happy and I looked to see a smile on his face. His white teeth were what made a light bulb go off.

You're the reason for that smile

Carl shook his head as his cheeks turned a light pink. He sighed then started to act like he was doing stuff in the kitchen.

You're all over his mind, you're driving him insane.

I couldn't dare to let him see how blushy and giggly I was.
"I'll be right back." I breathed out.
Carl simply nodded as I looked at him from behind. You could see the sides of his cheeks were puffed out from a smile on his face that he couldn't get rid of.
I went upstairs and into my room.

I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I locked it then gripped onto the counter. I slowly looked up.

Pink cheeks

Small smile

Racing heart

I laughed not wanting to believe the thoughts rushing through my head. 

You like him

I looked at myself then I laughed as I shook my head. I ran my hands through my hair with the goofiest smile on my face.

You just can't admit it to yourself

I bit my lip trying to stop myself from falling too quickly.

You can't fall in love with him..you can't..not in the zombie apocalypse.

I sighed looking up and saw the smile on my face.

"Too late Maci." I said to myself.

Maybe it's something you both need. The world is going to hell and you both need someone. So it's alright to fall in love.

I shook my head trying to disagree with it all.

But I knew that no matter how hard i tried to stop falling for Carl Grimes, it really was too late.