Chapter 35

super important authors note below!!
sooo these next few chapters will be the last of this book. i know, i know, i'm sorry. obviously this book is ending on season 8 because of carl. the reason i chose to keep it that way is because of a particular reason i will explain at the end of the book.
each of the last 5 chapters will have titles at the beginning of them that will be in italics. this chapter will be Carl's pov and the rest of them will end with Maci's pov. I'm planning on having a song on a few of these and an edit along with each one also.
These will be written throughout the rest of my summer and hopefully this book will be ended by the time summer is over (my summer ends august 13th but i doubt it'll be this soon) please enjoy : )
thanks a bunch.
♥︎

* * *
" Doing What's Right "
song: Silence - Marshmello ft Khalid
https://youtu.be/tk36ovCMsU8
Carl's POV

I tightened my grip around the steering wheel, slowly pressing the break

"That's one thing I've never gotten to do." Maci giggled.
I turned to her as I put the van in park.

"I taught myself." I smiled at her.
"Pretty damn good for a self taught driver." She smiled at me.

I rolled my eye as she stared at me with the brightest smile.

"We're looking for gas, remember?" I teased, looking right at her.

She made eye contact once I had said that. She blushed hard as she got out of the van. I smiled to myself and simply just laughed.

Those damn pink cheeks with that damn smile.

I jumped out, shutting the door. She stood there waiting for me to stand beside her.

All she had to do was stand there to bring a smile to my face. I've learned to hold them back but she makes it harder and harder with each day that goes by.

Her hand rested onto her gun that was in her holster. I looked at her then scanned the area quickly. She started walking to look around so I followed not too close behind her.

We walked quite a ways to get to the gas station. I sure as hell wasn't taking any chances with her with me. It was a mile or so away, definitely had to walk a while.

I stared at our feet as they moved in the same way down the road. I didn't want us in the middle of the open but I didn't want us too close to walker grab.

I stayed close to Maci. Our hands touching every few seconds from moving.
I smiled down at our hands by each other. A giggle escaped her lips as she intertwined our hands.