Chapter 27

Carl Grimes

*dream*
"Maci please open the door.." I begged.
"I'm not going to Carl!" She yelled back at me.
You could hear the pain in her voice.

You caused that pain. The pain she hasn't felt since the beginning.

"I'm sorry okay.." I said.
There was no response.
"Wanna know the real damn reason?" I snapped getting angry with myself.
Still no response.

"I love you and always have since the beginning Maci. I never thought a girl like you would love a boy like me." I admitted.
"Enid did. I don't love her like I love you. She's the first girl I've seen for years before Sophia. It's a dumb instinct." I shook my head.
"I know damn good and well that she only wanted me because she needed a boy to protect her like Ron did. That's all." I rolled my eyes.

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks and I wiped them away quickly.
"I should've stopped myself and I'm sorry. I was thinking with my dick and not my brain. Nothing new..." I shook my head.
"I understand if you won't ever forgive me because I won't ever be able to forgive myself but just listen to this...please." I begged.

I leaned my head against her door and let the tears fall.
"I love you. I promise you I do. I've never felt this way with any person in the world before. Not even my Mom...my Dad...Judith..or Enid.." I shook my head feeling my heart race.

"I'd do absolutely anything for you." I breathed out.

I heard her breathe on the other side. The door opened and I moved. She was standing there with tears falling down her cheeks.

We were both crying.

She was so beautifully beautiful.

"Can I please-"Her lips connected to mine

"Can I please-"
Her lips connected to mine. I was taken back instantly but I kissed her back. My heart was racing fast and I felt hers doing the same. I kept her close to my chest with my arms around her waist. Her hands were in my hair and my bandage was slowly falling off and yet I didn't stop her.

The bandage fell to the ground and as soon as it hit my feet she pulled away.

It was a nightmare.

"Look at you!" She laughed.
I parted my lips as my heart broke.
"You have one eye. One less blue eye that I fell for. You know you were cuter with both eyes right?" She giggled.

The tears were fake, she played you like you played her.

"Maci.. I thought-"
"That'd I loved you for you?" She laughed.
I nodded simply and she continued to laugh.
"Please baby, I only loved you for what comes with you." She smiled.
"What-"