Chapter 14

He saw it in his dreams. It has been like this for two months.

Leo had been looking for two months.

The monsters got tried of him. Less and less they tried to attack him everyday. He should of been able to sleep more but he couldn't.

Every time he closed his eyes he saw the charred, burnt, bloody, bubbling body of Essie. It hurt more and more every time.

So he used most of his time looking. He went were ever that stupid astrolabe took him. He had this feeling he was getting closer.

One day he was sitting by the shore of Florida when he saw something shinning in the sand. Reached over and picked it up. It was a Drachma. He turned the cool coin in his hand. Should he call someone?

It's been two months since he last talked to a person. He taught about calling Piper or Jason but instead he call Chiron.

"Oh goddess Iris show me Chiron." Leo said throwing the coin into the rainbows in the mist coming from the waves. The message flickered to life and showed Chiron sitting alone filling out paper work.

"What all that paper work for? Do you actually sell strawberries? Isn't that like and extreme cover up?" The words fell out of Leo's mouth so fast he couldn't stop them. He hadn't made a joke in a while.

"Leo? It's good to hear your voice! It's been a long time! Stay here I'll go get the others!"

"Wait!" Leo said "I only wanted to talk to you."

"Why? You never said goodbye to half of them, shouldn't they at least know you are all right?"

"Yes but this really needs to be brief..." Leo said sadly. He could feel tears welting in his eyes. He didn't know why he was crying...Maybe it was because he hasn't talked to anyone in a while, maybe it was because he did want to talk to his friends...

Maybe it was because he need to get Essie off his chest.

So he did. Leo told Chiron everything that happened in the two months he was away.

"Leo...I will make sure Esmeralda is remembered. As for finding Calypso how do you know you are close?"

"I don't know. It's almost like I'm tethered to it. Like I can feel the string between us loosening. It's hard to explain..." Leo sighed. Chiron said something but it crackled and froze.

"...Please." That was all Leo got.

"We are losing connection. Make sure the others know I'm okay." Leo smiled just in case this was the last of Chiron seeing him. He wanted him to remember Leo like this.

Smiling.

It wasn't something he was doing that often. It felt good though. Even if it was fake.

He should smile more.

___________________________

I really don't have anything to say about this chapter.

Uhhhh...thanks for reading!

Comment/vote/whatnot

Love ya!

~Lin