Chapter 12

Hey. well it's been a while. I've been busy and sense my summer is like empty besides a few camps I decide to write! wow.

So let's do this? I guess?

___________________________

Leo woke up to her screaming. It wasn't like a girly scream, or a frightened scream...it was blood curtailing. Brutal to hear.

Leo shot to his feet and pulled out his sword.

Es was on the ground and it didn't loom like she was moving.

No.

Leo screamed and charged at the monster. He didn't even know what it was. He didn't care. His visioned blurred. That was either from adrenaline or tears. It didn't help him either. He didn't feel his sword connect with anything.

Calm down. He told himself. He took a deep breath. Letting air fill his lungs. Once his vision cleared it was too late. This monster could shoot acid. Before he could react something...no, someONE jumped in front of him.

Taking the blow.

Leo screamed so loud he thought he ripped his own vocal cords apart. He swung his sword cutting the ugly-acid-spitter in half. The monster melted away into a golden dust.

Leo turned to see the crumpled, half burned body of his friend. Es.

"No." Leo said. at first his voice was calm. It surprised him. "No. No. No." his calm voice turned into sobs as he knelt down next to her.

"I......." she tried to say "I...k-know w-w-wh-o.....m...my...par-ent...is n-now."

"How?" Leo said holding her little body in his arms. she was so weak she felt like a rag doll.

"S-someone w-who...." she was struggling. Gasping for air between words and letters. Leo let's tears free flow down his face. "who...kno-ws th-ha-t-t...tr-ue...luc-k...doesnt...c-come...w-wi-wwwiii-"

"Without sacrifice...Nemesis..." Leo finished for her.

"I-I was r-r-really...REALLY l-lucky t-to have meet you." she said. "T-tha-ank...s"

Esmeralda died with a smile on her face. A smile and she used her final breath to thank him.

Her body started to change. From a burnt mangled body to a beautiful flower.

It had black petals. The ends were red like they were stained with blood. the stem was neon green like acid.

Very funny Nemesis. he thought. he pulled a plant pot out of his tool belt. And scooped the flower inside.

He wasn't very good at naming things. He named his dragon happy...not good at all. He would let her brothers and sisters decide. Even though they never met her it would be better then him.

He smelled the plant. It smelled like her. A little bit like dirt and cinnamon. He sighed.

"I promised I would get you to camp kid...I will. As soon as I get home you will be the first thing I say." Leo said. Then he slid her plant into a secret compartment. Leo wasn't very good at taking care of living things...but he will take care of her.

Leo hopped on Festus. He took off.

Leo Valdez flew off with and without his companion.

___________________________

I'm a horrible person I know. I had been planning on this for a while though...When I planned it I didn't know it would happen after not writing for months.

Hahahahah who am I kidding? I'm a heartless soul! I don't feel bad!

I'm a writer! not a person!

Ok it's late!

I hope you enjoyed.