Chapter 5

Annabeth really couldn't wait for Percy to unpack.

"Can you just unpack later?" She asked wiggling like a child. Percy walked over to her planting a kiss on her lips. It seemed like forever until there was a knock on Percy's cabin door. The detached and Percy sighed.

"Well I guess no one can wait for me to unpack!" And he opened the door.

"Hello Percy!" Chiron said and rolled in "And Annabeth! Good to have you two back!"

"You as well Chiron!" Annbeth said. "Do you need something?" Chirons face turned serious.

"Oh...yes can you meet me in the big house in 10 minutes..." He mumbled something that they didn't understand.

"Uh...yea sure." Percy said something was obviously wrong.

"Thank you." Chiron said and wheeled out.

~

9 minutes later Annabeth and Percy where almost to the big house.

"Something's wrong." He said squeezing her hand and looking up squinting at the sun.

Annabeth kissed his cheek bring his attention back to them.

"What ever it is Seaweed brain we will make it through." She said looking into his deep green eyes "ok?"

"We always do don't we?" Percy said. as they walked into the big house.

There sat Chiron face sad looking and...Leo.

His face was paler than usual and his funny smirk gone. Eyes constantly drifting like he was trying to find something on the horizon. He looked so, so, sad. Annabeth wanted to wrap him in a hug but she couldn't see was to stunned.

At Leo's side sat a backpack and sword. Leo NEVER EVER carried a sword. She remembered him saying that he was working on sword fighting but she never asked why.

"Leo?" Percy said breaking the silence. Usually when Percy talked to Leo now a days his tone was bitter but now it was filled with sympathy. Leo snapped out of his daze and stood. He was a lot taller than before. Little less scrawny and a lot more sad.

"Hey." He said sadly.

"Your-Are you-" Annabeth couldn't find her words.

"What's your prophecy?" Percy asked like it wasn't a big deal. Leo sighed and said it.

"Months..." Annabeth repeated.

"Tell Piper I'm sorry. And Hi. Also tell her that I will try and Iris message if I can." He hugged Annabeth and tried to shake hands with Percy but he hugged him instead. Leo stood a little shocked as Percy hugged him.

"Stay safe." Percy said as he let go.

"What?!" Leo said trying to joke but he seemed to said to. "I love to be dangerous!"

Annabeth playfully punched his arm. "Are you sure you can't stay to say good bye to the rest?" Leo looked back at Chiron who shook his head.

"No sorry." he said snatching up his backpack and clipping his sword to his tool belt and left without another word.

~

Frank and Hazel arrived at camp Jupiter and took the portal to Camp Half-Blood. Just in time to see a giant bronze dragon take off. They saw Annabeth and Percy. Annabeth was crying while yelling at the sky. Hazel assumed Leo did something wrong that had to do with the fact he rebuilt Festus but when they came back she was cursing at the gods.

"And you send him ALONE!" She screamed at the sky.

"Hi Frank and Hazel!" Percy said forcefully catching Annabeth attention.

"Send who alone?" Hazel asked squeezing Franks hand who squeezed back. Hazel was no child of Apollo but she sensed something wrong. Annabeth and Percy said nothing. She looked at Frank who looked wonderful in his officer uniform but he said it was uncomfortable and was going to change when they arrived but she was ok with it she liked him either way.

"Leo..." Frank said in realization.