"Oh.. did y'all have an argument?" She asks.

"Nah, it's just been a rocky day. I needed my space so that I didn't let the wrong emotions out on her." I admit.

"I remember when you used to do that." She scoffs. "Why don't you just text her saying what happened? If she real, she'll understand."

"Because I heard something today and it made me want to sit back and watch how she acts rather than talk to her about it." I continue to search through channels on my TV guide.

"You think it was a rumor?" She asked.

"It was a person who told me something, and they almost described her to the T, so I couldn't not believe it. And like... I just didn't feel like being extra and coming at her about something I heard by word of mouth and I didn't want to be lied to, so-"

"Do you trust this girl?" She asks.

"I mean.. I do-"

She cuts me off. "It's either you do or you don't.  And I learned from you that if yall ain't got trust, yall ain't got nothing."

I look at her and then at my phone.

"I'm not a therapist, but I think you should address the situation now rather than wait and it only gets worse."

"You sure you not a therapist?" I ask.

"Nah, that's you." She says.

She really seems like she's grown and it only adds to her looks. It makes her even more attractive. But I know we're only friends and it's gonna stay that way. I'm not happy with where Mo and I are right now, but I'm not gonna do her wrong. And I'm cool with just chilling with Jaliyah, she's pretty nice company. She gives me an opportunity to breathe from all my stresses.

"You actually taught me a lot, you know that?" She looks at me.

"Nah I didn't know." I say, looking back at her.

"Well you did. So thank you." She looks at me with an expression that shows her genuine emotions. I guess I had more of an impact on her than I was aware of.

"You're welcome, but I honestly don't try." I shrug lightly.

"You're amazing Jamie, and you don't even have to try. Don't waste your time on anyone who doesn't match you."

"Whatchu mean?" I ask.

"I'm not trying to mess up your relationship, I already ruined ours, but don't settle for anything less than what you deserve."

"I hear you, but I do trust her." I say

"You trust her or you want to trust her?" She asks

"Hey. We were supposed to be talking about you not me. Can we just watch something?" I say trying to get the topic off of my relationship. I didn't want to keep it in my mind. I just wanted a break.

"You ain't got no homework?" She asks.

"Homework or Fast and Furious 6?" I say with my hand weighing each option.

"Six?" She questions.

I just respond by looking at her, leaving the choice in her hands. She takes three seconds to think of her answer.

"Homework can wait."

Chasity

I tried texting Lonnie but I never rounded up the nerve to press send. I continued to play out scenes in my head of what happened today and it made me sad. She broke up with me and I didn't even fight. I just let it happen.