25 - Unexpected Visitors

Rewind to the day of the assembly

*Morgan POV*

I left out of the bathroom and checked my phone to see that had a text from Lonnie.

"Hey cuz, something came up I'm not feeling well. I'm going home. I know you probably want to stay at school a little longer. You're gonna have to find someone who can bring you home. Ask Jay I know she'd do it. But don't you start anything"

She just don't know. But she probably will never know.

That was when I went outside and text Jay and told her what was up. She said it was no problem and got us some food on the way.

I asked her to not take me home so we could be together a little while longer. I just didn't like to be home. Even more, I just wanted to be with her.

My phone rang. It was my mom

"Yes?"

"Hey babygirl. How was your day at school?"

"It was good. We just had an assembly"

"Oh. I'm glad you had a good day. But listen things are changing. We're no longer staying in the house. "

I started to choke on my food. "Woah. Why not? Does this mean we're moving again? We can't--"

"Just know we're staying at your aunt's place. I've had all of our stuff taken to your aunt's. It's handled and taken care of. Your aunt and I already talked about this. When you're done with school go straight there.... I have to go now. Be safe. Mommy loves you"

"I love you too"

But before I could finish my sentence she hung up.

"What was that about? You said you're moving?" Jay asked.

"I'm not moving baby. But I don't know why she said we aren't staying in our house anymore." I answered

"Your mom?" She asked

"Yeah. She told me I'm staying at my aunt's now. " I answered still pondering about what I was just told.

"So you live with Lonnie now?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah" I said. I guess I was thinking pretty hard because she called me out on it.

"What you thinking so hard about? " She asked curiously.

"It's just the way she was acting. I don't get why she was acting that way. All suspicious. Usually we're good with communicating. Anything beyond my sexuality we're both pretty open to each other. So I don't get why she didn't tell me before or just now tell me why?" I answered honestly.

"Well maybe it's something she doesn't think you're ready to know." She said trying to help me not think so hard.

I sighed. "I don't know.... I'm sorry. I'm being a downer messing up the mood. I just-"

"Don't apologize. It's just fine. It's not like we're on our first date or anything. Just let me take you home. We don't want your family questioning your location. " She says making me feel a bit better

"Alright babe." I agreed. I buckled up as we were on our way. I gave her a kiss once we arrived and went inside.

I saw Lonelle on the couch watching TV.

"Welcome to the palace big head." She said to me not even having to look at me to know it was me entering through the door.

She said welcome as if she were already previously aware of this.