48

Previously

"Chaz open the door."

I fail to open the door so I started to kick it as hard as I could. After about ten kicks it finally opened and I could see her on the floor.

"Chasity!"

___________________________________

Jay POV

I drove home with my mind still stuck on what happened in the alley.

I was thinking about so many things.

What if we get caught? What if someone saw everything? What if we go to jail? What if I don't have a future? What if she haunts us as a ghost? What if she didn't even die? What the hell am I gonna tell Morgan?

By the time I made it home, I had a thousand questions and zero answers.

I finally got in the house and went straight to my room. I put my bags on the floor, my keys on the dresser, and fell into bed. I just stared at the ceiling. Suddenly my mom calls out for me.

I really didn't want to get up because I was comfortable and there was already a lot on my mind, but I decided to just be obedient.

"Yes ma'am?" I walk into her room and see that she is in her bed.

"So Will and I have some news for you."

"Okay. I'm listening." I say.

"Well, we didn't tell you but Will has a son and he's also a high school senior and an athlete-"

"He has kids?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. Why the heck did no one tell me?

Exiting the bathroom, he comes out to enter the bed with my mom.

"Yes, I do. Before I knew your mother,  I had another woman in my life. She is the mother of my two kids. My son and my daughter. He's eighteen and she is ten." He answers.

"Why don't you live with them?" I ask him curiously.

"Their mom didn't want me around. She didn't feel I was good enough as an example to our kids. I did try to fight for my kids but laws support her because both our kids weren't born out of wedlock so they are her kids first."

"Wow. That's crazy." I say.

"I know, but, like your mother was trying to tell you, my son is coming here. He's going to be staying with us and he's going to go to school with you. Hopefully he'll be able to join the football team."

"I have to take him to school?" I ask, afraid of the answer. I better not be forced to take some dude I don't know to school every day.

They look at each other as if they're looking for the other to say the right answer.

My mom was the one to answer. "Well, you don't have to but it would be a lot of pressure for Will to manage making it to work on time and getting Jayson to school as well."

My first thought was "so, it's his kid. That's his job," but I kept the thought in my head and said "all right."

"He's going to be here Sunday night. I pick him up from the airport."

Ok..

I already had my own things on my mind. I had to leave them because there was a moment of silence and I felt awkward.

"Well... that's all I called you for," said my mom.

"All right. I'm gonna go to bed now." I throw up the dueces sign before turning out the door.