43

Previously.....

-"You need to talk to her."

-"Just because she's in a wheelchair doesn't mean I need to feel pity for her as if she's the innocent one"

-"You still love that girl and you know it."

-"She can easily either be killed or kill herself"

-"It's cool cause I quit. Without me, let's see how many games yall win."

*Kenny in the media*
______________________________

Lonnie POV

Coach must've been on her period or something. She was tripping mad hard.

I'm not gone let that get to me though. Like I said, I don't need that team anyway, that team needs me. She lost out on a good one. Once we lost the triple threat first, it was already downhill from there. I was able to make up for the third link being missing. Me and Jay were holding it down.

Now that I'm gone, that team has no chance. That's her fault though. She shouldn't have brought that rapist back on the team. She must've been on drugs when she made that decision.

It's whatever now. It's her problem not mine. Now I'm gonna focus completely on pursuing my dreams as a chef.

I happily got myself in my car and headed home. Took a nice long shower and went right to sleep.

Jay POV

Practice was over and I was the last to leave. I was mad tired and mad hungry.

I was walking toward my car, scrolling on my phone. I was beyond ready to just hop in my bed and fall asleep.

On my way to my car I heard a cry for help, just like when Morgan was calling for me that night. The voice was almost unfamiliar because it definitely wasn't Morgan's. The good inside me told me to still go to rescue the person crying out for help. So I did. I ran to where the echo led me, dropping my phone in my bag.

Once I got close to the sound of the voice there was no one to be found. I already knew then that something was off.

"Help!"

Now, loud and clear, I heard the voice, yet I saw no one.

Until she stepped out from the shadows.

I should've suspected something was up from the first scream. Who would even be out this late if not someone on the team?

"That's so cute. You were gonna save me" she smirks

"Kid. Don't nobody got time for your games."

"Oh really?" She pulls out a gun and points it at me. "Got time now?"

I didn't say anything I just looked her in her eyes.

"Nothing to say now?" She smirks again. I wanted to knock that smirk right off her face. The only thing stopping me was the bullets in that gun.

"You remember that night when you played hero and left me beat up in this alley?" She asked.

"Oh, I remember." I answer.

"I told you I was gonna get you back. That was my promise to you. I'm keeping my word."

"So why don't you just fight me without the gun? Make this fair." I threw my bag down bedside me.

"I don't recall it being fair the first time." She says.

I scoff. "I'm sorry if you weren't ready. Or if you just can't fight."

"Good one slick mouth. Well I got a prize for your slick mouth and you wanting to be captain save a hoe."

I heard a click from the gun.

"You think you gone get away with this?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter. Either way my life is over because of you. Now get on your knees."

"Yo, I don't know what you talkin' bout." I admit. Beyond me whooping her ass that night to protect Morgan, I had no ties with her except through the team. We were teammates nothing more cause I never liked her personality.

"Because of you, I lost out on my prime opportunity to have a secure plan for my future doing what I loved. Because of you, I won't be playing on the night the scouts from my dream college come to our game. They were gonna offer me a full ride but because of you, I have no future. Therefore, I have no purpose. My life is over now. And my life is over so is yours." Waving her gun at me with her words, I don't know if I'm more heated that she had a loaded gun pointed at me or that so much bull crap was coming out of her mouth.

"First off, you eating bricks if you think your problems are my fault. Your actions got you where you-"

She cut me off by slapping me with her gun

"Shut the FUCK up. I didn't asking you for your FUCKING opinion." To add emphasis to her choice of profanity she hit me again with her gun.

My skin was boiling. She was so lucky she had bullets in that gun.

I could begin to taste something oddly familiar - it had been my own blood. The taste wasn't something I wanted to remain in my mouth, so I spit.

Right on her shoe.

"So you wanna test me?" She asks. We have a serious stare-off until one of us breaks the silence.

"You wanna play motherfucker?" She continues. "Well then, let's play. I'm gonna test these bullets and see if you still wanna play any games after that."

This time she cocks her gun and points it in my face. I just held my head high and closed my eyes. Whatever happened next was life and it was meant to be.

*Gun shot*