8

"Chaz?"

She looked up at me and it destroyed me internally. Her eyes were red, there were tear streaks coming down her cheeks, she looked so hurt and in pain. She needed somebody with her. I didn't know what to do so I had to think fast.

.........

Jay POV

I was straight grubbin' on the food. Everything was good and I was hungry. My plates only had bones as remains left. I took a sip of my drink, sat back in my chair and enjoyed the party. It was cool. The glass door into the house opened, I had expected Lonnie to be the one who came out but it was Morgan. A girly ass Morgan. She looked more feminine than Lonnie did. I think I was staring at her cause she started walking toward me.

As she came closer I started to play it cool and act like I wasn't looking at her. So I looked in the direction of the pool. She took her seat on the other side of the table.

"So now you see the truth"

"So this is the real you?"

"Yeah, Morgan the innocent princess"

"What happened to Mo the bad ass?"

"My parents.. Well my mom. It's a long story."

"It's okay. We all have stories."

"No. I wanna tell you. I'd rather tell you. I don't want you to think I'm fake.. or spoiled. Can we walk and talk?"

I just turned my head and looked at her for a moment.

"After you" I said.

I hope she doesn't feel she has to tell me anything, I don't require anything from her so I don't know why she wants to actually tell me. I still see her the same maybe it nice to see the real side of a person but she not gonna make me like her any more. I lowkey just said yeah because Lonnie was gone and I was alone at a party full of people I did not know.

I followed her as we walked back into the house. She suggested to me that we go over to her house I said sure. I had nothing better to do and she didn't live to far from Lonnie so we walked and talked. I'm actually curious of her story now.

Lonnie POV

I used my thumb to wipe her tears and I got lured into the gaze of her eyes and we were just looking at each other. My stomach started feeling so weird and tingly. The only thing I could think was just do it. I crashed my lips onto hers and just kissed her. I felt all of her emotions flow into my body. I felt her. I felt for her. The heartless Lonelle having feelings right now. This feeling was like no other. I felt weird but in the best way ever. I didn't mean to end it but hey I didn't want to die from a lack of oxygen. What I didn't seem to notice until I pulled away was that Chaz didn't flinch at all from that. Was there something I didn't know or is she just that sad. Probably just that sad. I'd want love too if I was that sad and in need of a friend. Friends don't just kiss each other but we're best friends. I don't want to ruin that.

Chaz POV

I woke up to my phone vibrating. My phone screen read "NEW KIK." I opened it and saw the text from Lonnie in the group chat - Triple Threat. Since her party was today I got up and got ready for that. I got out the shower, brushed my teeth and put on a chill outfit. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat and heard a key in the front door, it must've been my dad. I finished my food and threw out my trash. He slammed the door shut and that scared the bricks off of me. He just smelled like a bar and cigarette shop put together. I went grab my hat and he spoke to me.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"To Lonnie's house."

"You don't look like you're going to just a house"

"She's having a family party"

"So you'll go hang with someone else's family and not you're own. You selfish piece of shit."

All I saw was his hand swing back and I ended up on the ground. My face was stinging so bad I thought he removed my skin off my face.

"I can't believe you're my child. Who the hell do you think you are. You ask before you plan to go places. You think you're grown huh? Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

I raised my head looking at him with fully watered eyes that felt like overfilled balloons ready to burst out with water.

"So you think you're grown now?" His eyes were full of anger and evil. This man was not my father. I was too scared to answer. Then he slapped me harder than before. "Answer me!"

He picked me up and grabbed me by my neck and started choking me against the wall. "You disrespectful piece of nothing get out of my house. Your grown ass can go be independent some where else." He finally let go of his grip on my neck. "Thanks for the Happy Birthday." He began to walk away to grab his keys "Don't let me see you when I come back or I'll finish what I started."

He slammed the door on his way out and I burst out in tears. Between the physical and emotional pain I was going through all of my strong walls to disguise my emotions were broken. I was a complete mess.

After straight blowing my eyes out for 20 minutes Lonnie called me, I tried my best to hide the fact that I was so hurt and sad but with the uncontrollable sniffling and inability to hold back my tears for a long period of time she just wouldn't quit questioning until she knew what was up. She heard the depression in my voice and decided she was gonna come over and check on me. I was just stuck on the ground. I couldn't move. All I could do was think and cry.

I heard the door open and close. It wasn't a slam so it must've been Lonnie. She came and found me and sat next to me no questions asked. I couldn't even raise my head up out my hands. I couldn't be as tough as I wanted, my water pipes were unstoppable. Tears just kept flowing and she just sat there listening to me silently cry and sniffle my nose away.

"Chaz?"

After a minute of trying to stop crying I lifted my head to meet her eyes. She looked so hurt and I'm the one who's sad. I'm glad she was here cause if I was alone I don't know what I would've done.

She wiped my tears with her thumb. I look in her eyes and she returned the gaze. She looked at me then my lips then me. I wanted to kiss her so I leaned in and did it. God knows how long I had been waiting for that. Linking emotions through the rim of our lips. I spilled my feelings through that kiss. That was my first kiss. It was everything.

She pulled away to take a breather. I didn't want it to end. I'd give anything to have her lips to be mine but she doesn't feel the same way, I know it. Reality is she sees us as best friends and nothing more. For her that was probably a kiss to show sympathy. That realization put me back in depression mode.

She stood up and put her hand out for me to grab. She walked me to my room and we sat on my bed.

"Tell me everything that happened and don't lie to me." She demanded.