63

Lonnie POV

The sun was peaking through the window curtains caressing her face. My hand grazed her cheek. There wasn't a better sight to witness in the morning.

I could feel her face nuzzle into the palm of my hand. She blinked slowly a few times before greeting my eyes.

"Good morning beautiful."

We kept eye contact for a moment before she raised her body to sit up against the headboard.

"Morning babe." She replied with a stretch. "How'd you sleep?" She asks with the crust visible on the corner of her mouth.

I couldn't help but smile at how cute she is when she wakes up. I grab her hand and place a kiss on the back.

"I always sleep peacefully around you."

She smiles at me with her eyes.

"Take your time and get ready for breakfast. B and I are gonna cook, so come out when you're ready."

"Okay. Thank you. I want pancakes not waffles." She finds herself grabbing onto her pillow and seeping back into a sleeping position.

She can be such a bear sometimes. It's okay. She's been through a lot recently. She deserves to rest.

I climb on the bed and place a kiss on her forehead then head toward the kitchen.

"I love you" She mumbled.

I stop at the door and turn around to see her eyes still closed. It only makes me smile. I prayed for times like this.

"I love you too" I replied.

I closed the door just to where it didn't close all the way. As I went to the kitchen I could hear utensils rhythmically scraping against a surface. I bet she's making eggs.

It was a big difference between the sunlight hitting her room window and her kitchen window. The sky was clear and it was a beautiful sight to see. Trees were fully bloomed and flailing in the wind. Birds were flying. It was pleasant to see. Almost made me want to run outside.

Maybe we can go to the beach today.

"Hey." I say to announce myself before scaring her by popping up suddenly.

"Hey. You tryna help? Wait. You know how to cook, right?" She asks.

She must be joking. I'm an expert chef. They don't call me Chef Lo-mein for no reason.

"Actually, I cook a lot at home. My family loves to cook. I could probably teach you a little something." I answer.

"Is that right? Well, I've been cooking since I was 10." She rebuttals.

"That doesn't mean it tastes good." I joke.

Her jaw drops. "Oh you got jokes? Okay. So you seem confident that you might be able to cook. How about we put that to the test?" She stops prepping the food and turns around with her hands on the edge of the counter behind her.

"Let's do it!" I slide my hands together.

"You, me. Breakfast cooking battle. You use what you want and I'll do the same. We'll make the same three food and another dish that's your own and we'll let our girl judge."

Our girl? I pause for a moment as she smirks. As much as I was territorial over what was mine, I let it slide.

"Okay. You're on. Is there a prize for me, the obvious winner, at the end?" I ask.