57

Jay

She hit me up first, and I can't even lie, I brightened up at the thought of just chilling with her. No drama, just vibes. Maybe it can just be like it used to be when things were .. simple.

I was on my bed watching the Amazing World of Gumball and I overheard a knock on the front door. A heavy feeling instantly overcame me. It was almost unfamiliar, but I tried to shake it off before I got to the door. I  placed my hand over the doorknob as I checked the peephole and there she was. I pulled the door open and the first thing I saw was her orange hair.

I looked in her eyes

I looked in her eyes. "Hey."

She was glowing even though she was in the shade. "Hey Jamie." I took a step back, opening the door wide, and gestured for her to walk inside. Once I closed the door and turned around, she was standing in front of me.

I noticed that she immediately turned her eyes away when I looked at her. Seemed like she could've been looking at me and I may have missed it, but I could be wrong so I'd rather drop it than be bold and wrong.

"You mind if we chill in my room instead of the living room?" I ask

"That's cool." She says. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded, but I wanted to ask anyway.

"Aite cool." I breathe.

I went and grabbed two water bottles from the kitchen then led her to my room. The only people home were my sister and the doucheface, but I just wanted to be where I could be comfortable. Usually when I'm in my room no one bothers me unless they need me to do something they can't do themselves.

I enter my room and close my door behind me and I see her just standing by the TV.

"Why you being all shy?" I ask. "You wasn't like this the last time you were here."

"I don't want to overstep any boundaries." She says.

"Girl you trippin. I'm the same old Jamie. You know me, I know you. No need to be brand new." I say.

"In my defense I haven't been in your room in over a year so uh.."

"So that means you act like you've never been in here before?" I ask. "Sit or stand where you want, but I'm about to Diiiiive Innnn." I jokingly sing.

I plop down on my bed. After a moment of thought, she takes off her shoes then sits on the end of my bed, closer to the TV.

"So.... You got any new friends? Girlfriends? Boyfriends?  Friends with benefits?" I ask to break the silence.

"Ha. No. I'm just focusing on school and enjoying life. How's you and your relationship with- what's her name?" She asks.

"Morgan. We uh.. aren't really seeing eye to eye lately. We haven't spoken to each other since this morning." I admit. I felt like I could be honest with her because she always was pretty good with understanding females and I didn't wanna keep all my thoughts in my head.