16. Not used to this

April 20th, 1993
Condo Building 101

Emoni,

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. It just pissed me off." I said as I wrapped my wet hair with the towel.

"Did he tell you anything?" Nic questioned as she snatched a paper towel off the rack to dry her wet hands.

I rolled my eyes, letting out air from my nostrils. "After the whole thing happened, his company left, then we were sitting on the bed and he just said out of nowhere, 'I went to the bar' I mocked. "That's all he said."

I walked over to the stool and sat down while Nic followed right behind me.

"Well, did you at least tell him, that he hurt your feelings?"

"For what, Nic?! I mean he didn't even care that I was upset in the first place, so what would be the point of even—," my words trailed off as I let out a low sigh.

I continued as a single tear slipped from my eye. "I don't know, I just want him to care."

"Hey don't cry." she said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Don't even trip on this, you know how Birdie is sometimes."

I sniffled, using my sleeve to wipe my face. "Yeah, but not with me."

"What?"

"He's never like that with me. I don't know, maybe it's because I had sex with him that he—-,"

"Wait? You had sex with him?" she questioned, cutting me off.

".....Yeah," I hesitated to answer, afraid that she was gonna judge me.

"Ooooo yessss finally bitch! You got you some, ya know I was starting to think that you'd be a virgin forever."

"Yeah," i responded dryly tugging my wet curl behind my ear.

She stopped smiling when her eyes met my face. "I'm sorry E. You can continue with your story." she assured me, patting my wet hair with the towel.

"Thanks. I really don't know, maybe it's because we moved in together so fast and it's making us clash."

She kissed her teeth. "Please, okay. That's bull, he asked you to move in so it wouldn't possibly make any sense for him to not want you there."

"That still would make sense Nic," I argued. "You still can not like someone living with you, just because you let them. Sometimes things just don't go as planned." I said shaking my head.

"Well? How do you feel?"

I turned around to face her, confusion on my face. "How do I feel about what?"

"About living with Birdie. Do you feel like you guys rushed things?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I mean a little since I can't wait to get out of that place. I just miss having my own space ya know?"

"Yes, that's completely understandable girl. It was just too quick to move in with him." she agreed shaking her head.

"I know right."

"But as I said before. Try to stick it out with Birdie and try not to take everything he says to heart, because Birdie can be a dick at times."

"Yeah, that's true," I agreed. "I guess I was just shocked."

"I get that too. Now come on so I can do your hair." she said as she picked up the hot iron.

"Never mind Nic. I'm gonna skip the heat today."