10.0

E

I laid down in the unfamiliar bed and tried to catch my breath. I looked over to my side and saw her staring up at the ceiling smiling uncontrollably.

"Don't think this meant anything" I spat out viciously watching her smile fade to nothing and her eyes wander to mine.

"Get out of my apartment" she spoke out softly. I could almost hear the cries she was holding back as she spoke and I laughed.

I got up out of the bed rummaging around her dirty floor trying to find my clothes.

I picked up my boxers and placed them over me. Next was my pants and after that was my shirt.

I grabbed my shitty iPhone 6 that I had prior to going to jail off of the bedside table and left.

I walked down the street noticing every flaw in every building. The way the bricks were tarnishing, how some spray paint was vanishing and the way some windows were broken.

For some reason I felt sad, I felt tarnished, vanished and broken just like all of these buildings. But I didn't pay much attention to it. Sometimes when my high was fading away I would get upset. It was just a sign that I needed to take another dose of whatever drug I had on me.

I pulled out the Ziplock bag from my back pocket and checked how much Molly I had left.

I smiled at the five tabs and took three out popping them in my mouth, letting them rest underneath my tongue to dissolve.

I shoved the two pills back into the bag and put the bag in my pocket. I was running low on drugs and I needed to restock.

I didn't have much money on me and it wasn't like I could get an actual job because I'm an escaped prisoner.

I usually sold to Kennedy members to get some good profit and cash in my pocket, but ever since I went to prison a new guy came around and now he controls most of the deals that go around Kennedy and the streets.

I started laughing at myself thinking of the things he sold that I didn't think people actually even took.

Earlier in the day I went to buy a couple xans off him at a fair price. What he didn't know was that I was going to crush them up and sell less Xanax in each bag and charge more money. The funny thing about this story was the part where he offered me fucking K.

My laugh slowly turned into a groan as I kept walking down the street not knowing where to go or where to spend the night.

I wasn't able to buy or rent any apartment or house because of the fact that I had a warrant out for my arrest and going into any clubs or bars would be a huge mistake because of all the publicity I was given.

Everywhere I looked there were newspaper ads, news channels and even local diners or shops that had posters of my warrant out.

Soon enough after kicking empty cans around the street I felt my high kick in and I started to expose my laugh to the world again.

I started running trying to get to my destination on the other side of downtown, hoping all the couches weren't taken up by some trashy looking hookers.

I finally came to a stop in front of the spray painted door and I opened it looking around. instantly I regretted my decision.

my brain was fucking me over and everyone had the appearance of a police officer. I couldn't figure out what was real and what wasn't and suddenly I felt my stomach turn.

I was having the worst trip ever and I couldn't process any of my thoughts. every single word that came to mind on how to describe the situation had flooded my brain and I felt like I was slowly dying.

I turned around to open the door to leave, not wanting anyone to see me or talk to me because of my paranoia.

I open the door carefully and quietly but suddenly the door was met with something or someone causing it to make a loud bang and causing whoever or whatever it was to fall.

I walked into the alley and shut the door examining who or what I just shoved.

My brain couldn't process what was going. Was she really the girl in front of me?

I blinked hard hoping that when I opened up my eyes again she would be gone, but when I opened them, I looked down and there she was, staring at me and smiling with her precious smile