Chapter XVII

Chapter XVII

"Power without abuse loses its charm,"

—Paul Valery

Andrea stood on the porch. Her arms were wrapped tightly around her, trying to secure every bit of warmth. Her brother had left early that morning to go speak with Zoe's family, and she knew that Timothy would be back soon.

Megan stood next to her, supporting herself against one of the pillars. "I'm so worried. What if he's hurt?"

"He'll be fine, Megan! There's nothing to worry about." Andrea said, smiling at the woman. She was putting on an act. She had no idea how this would affect Timothy. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad.

Draco and Fai had disappeared into the fairy realm, which Andrea felt completely jealous of. She wanted to go to the fairy realm. It seemed like an amazing place. Salvin has been locked up in his room. She hadn't had the chance to see what was wrong with him. Rayna was currently in the library looking up the Daevas along with Faith and Coeus. Crius was no where to be found, though his brother assured them that he was not going to do anything horrible. Estal was hiked up in the office, probably still fuming over his and Fai's argument the other day. Darrin was in the backyard, practicing his fighting techniques. Mitchel had gone into town to buy some more food, but Andrea had wanted to stay home to see Timothy.

She also knew that Leyna, Michal, and Troy would be coming back as well, and she wanted to see them. Andrea pulled out her phone and glanced at it. She saw a text message from Gisele, but she ignored it.

Andrea didn't have the heart to talk to her old friends right now. Everything was going crazy, and even though they were her last link to normality, Andrea knew she couldn't get them involved in this mess.

The sound of tires on snow was heard. Andrea looked up as she saw Darrin's van pull up the driveway. Megan immediately tended up, prepared to bolt once it parked.

As soon as it stopped, Megan was by the door, opening it. Andrea walked over as Michal pulled himself out of the passengers seat. "Andrea!" The wolf exclaimed. He ran towards her and wrapped his arms around her. "It feels like forever since I last saw you!"

Andrea laughed as she hugged him back. "It's good to see you, Michal."

"Well look who it is."

Andrea looked up to see Troy smirking at her. His arm was around Leyna, who was smiling at Andrea. "Hey guys!" Andrea said, hugging both of them at the same time.

Leyna laughed. "It's good to see you, Andrea."

"Yep." Troy said, patting her back. "I'd say the same thing too but I'm freezing, and I'd love to get inside."

Andrea laughed as Leyna slapped her boyfriend's arm. "Be nice!"

"I am!" Troy whined.

Andrea let out another laugh, but it faded as she watched Megan help Timothy out of the car. Her breath caught in her throat as she looked at him. His skin was a ghostly pale, and his hair fell limply around his face. His eyes were hollow and lacked their usual shine. "Timothy?" She whispered.

Timothy didn't even look up at the sound of his name. Megan looked to be on the verge of tears as she tried to help her boyfriend. Garroth immediately rounded the car and supported Timothy. "I'm taking him to his room. He needs to rest for a while."

"How long?" Megan asked, looking at Timothy.

Garroth hesitated. "I have no idea. It could be one hour, could be a whole day. He'll come downstairs when he's good."