Chapter X

Chapter X

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

-Bruce Feirstein

The cool breeze made her shiver. It wasn't her fault that she was cold.

Well, it partially was. She didn't wear anything particularly warm today. She thought her pastel pink sleeveless sweater with cool gray scarf accent was adorable. She also wore some tight black skinny jeans and some knee high, light gray boots. Her dark hair was tied in two braided pigtails. She shivered once more, rubbing the goosebumps ever present on her arms.

"Faith, come on. Me and Coeus aren't going to keep waiting for you. You're the one that suggested introducing ourselves to them, anyway."

Crius was always getting on Faith's nerves. She hated it. He was always so cold and heartless. Part of her truly believed he deserved the punishment he got.

Or maybe that punishment changed him.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit cold!" She said, quickening her pace to catch up.

Crius rolled his eyes, adjusting his jacket. Faith stared at it. It must be extremely warm. It probably feels like a warm, cozy fire wrapped up all around you, all the heat contained within it. Oh, the luxury!

While Faith was busy imagining all the ways the jacket could warm her, she didn't notice Crius staring at her.

"What the hell are you doing, feather duster?"

Faith snapped out of her thoughts, turning to look up at him. "What did you just call me?"

"Feather duster. You've got wings, right?"

"Yes, but-!"

"So you're a feather duster."

"Crius, I swear to my father-"

"I don't swear to that god so that doesn't effect me, feather duster."

"You-! Ugh!"

Crius laughed at her misery. Faith scowled, crossing her arms. She looked away from him. Faith tried to keep the anger on her face, but she was quickly overcome by the cold. Faith shivered, wrapping her arms around herself. She felt her nose. It was akin to that of ice. She shivered again, rubbing her arms to try and warm herself up.

Suddenly, warmth wrapped around her. Faith quickly looked behind her to see Crius. His jacket was around her shoulders, and he stood there, trying to get it to stay on her. Faith blinked at him, unable to formulate any sentence. Crius looked at her, his stormy gray eyes burning into her light brown ones. Faith felt her face heating up. Was she blushing? Or perhaps, was her body finally warming up?

Faith shook those thoughts away, instead pulling her arms through the sleeves. She didn't shy away from the warmth. She looked back over at Crius, who was pulling his sleeves over his wrists. "Thank you, Crius."

The titan huffed, looking away from her. "You probably would never stop complaining, it was for my own sake, not yours."

Faith said nothing as she looked forward. Coeus was looking back at them, smirking. His brother scowled. "What the hell are you smiling at?" He ground out, pushing past him.