Chapter XI

Chapter XI

"All strange and terrible events are welcome, but comforts we despise."

-Cleopatra

Andrea sighed. She was currently seated in the library. Mitchel was next to her, his face buried into a book. Rayna was sitting in front of her, sniffling. She'd recently caught a cold, and it wasn't letting up. Salvin was chewing loudly and pretty annoyingly on some food. Ever since they'd gotten back from Hell, he'd almost always be eating. Andrea flipped through her book. They were currently trying to find out any information on Xezal and other Demons that they encountered in Hell.

Andrea closed her eyes. The only thing she'd found was that they existed, and that Xezal was an oddity. Just great.

The sound of Salvin chewing a few chips sounded out. Andrea glanced up, noticing Draco. He looked absolutely pissed off. His fists were clenched and he was staring daggers into Salvin. Ever since hell he'd been more irritable, according to Aristide. Salvin also apparently didn't eat as much as he was now, and Rayna has been completely healthy.

Mitchel looked up, obviously sensing the tension. "We should take a break." He said, closing the book he had been reading.

Draco scowled, slamming his book shut. "Whatever..." he growled.

Salvin blinked, swallowing the food he had in his mouth. "'Kay then." He closed the book, wiping the grease on his fingers onto his pants.

Rayna frowned. She was about to say something when she suddenly let out a violent sneeze. She barely managed to cover her mouth. Draco scowled. "God, cover up better next time!" He shouted, standing up abruptly. Rayna looked down, sadness filling her face. Draco turned on his heels and stormed out of the room.

Silence filled the room. Mitchel carefully set the book he had been reading down onto a pile of other books they had finished. Andrea coughed awkwardly. "So, uh-"

Salvin rolled the chip bag up. Rayna sniffed, wiping her nose. She wasn't crying, she was just having another runny nose. Mitchel gently squeezed her shoulder. "Let's go." He whispered.

Andrea nodded, standing up. The two walked out, leaving the two Daevas alone. Mitchel gently grabbed her hand and led her to the garden.

As soon as they stepped outside, Andrea realized that her brother was standing there. He had a rose in his hands and he was twirling it around. Next to him was Darrin, who was busy cleaning his glasses. Mitchel gently pulled her behind one of the pillars, hiding them. He pressed a finger against his lips, signaling her to stay quiet.

"And what do you think will come of this?" Caleb asked.

A sigh. Most likely Darrin. "Timothy isn't telling us the whole truth, obviously."

"He knows the danger in that though. If he is hiding anything from us, then there is a large chance that we are in even more danger." Caleb responded.

"Especially with Lucifer's rise pretty much certain."

Andrea felt her chest tightened. She looked at Mitchel, who's face was now incredibly pale. She felt tears burn her eyes. Mitchel gently pressed his forehead to her and rubbed her arms. He began to whisper comforting words into her ear. Andrea immediately felt bad. Mitchel was probably also terrified, and yet he was comforting her. How bad of a girlfriend am I being right now?

"God, how much of a shitload are we in right now?" Caleb growled out. Andrea could tell her brother was stressed. How had she not seen it until now?