Chapter VI

Chapter VI

"Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

-Nikola Tesla

Andrea was lying on the couch. Everyone has really left, except for those staying here. She closed her eyes, trying to sleep.

A few moments of darkness later, her mind began to plague her with the knife going through Mitchel's stomach. Her eyes opened and she sat up, tears slipping out of her eyes.

She was breathing quickly as snot and tears ran down her face. She quickly wiped it all up before standing up and walking into the kitchen. Salven was in there, cooking something. Rayna was sitting on the counter, watching him while Draco was staring at Fai, who was whistling as she frosted some cupcakes.

"Hey." She croaked, sitting at the table.

Fai turned to her, but frowned. "You okay?"

"Bad dream."

"Oh, okay." Fai said, looking back down. She didn't sound convinced at all.

Andrea sighed as she walked over to Salvin. She had never really spoken to him, but they were apparently the same 'species', so she figured they should get somewhat closer. "Hey."

Salvin looked down at her. "Hello."

Rayna looked up at her. "So, you date an angel?"

Andrea nodded, her heart clenching. "Yeah, I do."

"Have you seen his wings?"

"No, I only found out he was an angel down in hell, and I guess we aren't really dating because we never asked one another out."

"But you guys kissed?"

"We like each other, but at that time I guess you could say I was still dating Jacob, my ex. I never officially broke up with him."

"Who's Jacob?"

"The demon who kidnapped me."

"And you hadn't broken up with him?"

"No, I hadn't."

"You're crazy."

"I guess so."

It was silent after that. Andrea felt the awkwardness settling in. She glanced at Draco, but he just narrowed his eyes at her before looking back at Fai. He then stood up and carefully made his way to her. He began to whisper to her, not allowing anyone else to hear.

Salvin took the lid off the pot, revealing the floating forms of tortellini in it. He then brought it over to the sink and began to pour it the water.

Rayna scooted off the counter and walked off, off to do who knows what.

Andrea sighed, and then decided she'd go visit Mitchel. She needed to be with someone she cared for.

Even if they couldn't talk to her.

****

I was pacing.