Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all — he's walking on them,"

—Leonard Louis Levinson

When Caleb came in with three new people, I didn't know what to think.

For one thing, Fenrir was very interested in them, saying, and I quote, "this is definitely the work of the gods,". I don't know what he means, and I honestly don't want to know what he means.

If that makes sense.

Anyways, Megan and I were thoroughly confused. I could smell the power on them, they were all powerful. The chick had a very similar scent. I deducted that she and Mitchel were likely the same being, making her an angel. And yet she smelled different, more powerful. The two men, they smelled similar, very similar. Almost like they were brothers or something. I didn't know what they were, however. I had never smelled anything like them before.

But one of them smelled of death. That I was certain of.

I heard footsteps. I glanced behind me, seeing Andrea walk in with the rest of the Monster Hunters. Mitchel hurried towards his girlfriend, gently weaving his fingers into hers and pulling him closer to him.

How I wished I had that with Megan.

Megan looked at me. "Do you know these people?" She asked, glancing at the three.

"No," I answered, "I have no idea who these people are or why Caleb has let them inside."

The guy who smelled like death scoffed. "How strange...this place is more ornate than most of the palaces we used to live in."

The other man nodded. "Humans and other creatures sure have outdone themselves. You should see the Palace of Versailles."

"Where is it?"

"France. I'll have to take you sometime."

The woman smiled. "Hey. We're here to help you stop Lucifer."

I saw Mitchel, Andrea, Draco, Rayna, Salvin, and Megan's jaws drop. Great. Just great. Now they knew.

I had had my suspicions, but we didn't want to tell them this way and with only a few of them present. This is just great. Andrea cleared her throat.

"Who are you guys?" She asked, her brow furrowed.

"Well, I'm an archangel and these guys are titans."

"There are Mythological beings too?" Andrea shrieked.

"No, 'course not. Titans aren't mythology at all." The guy who smelled of death said, turning to her, annoyance clear on his face. "I thought you said they knew about this kind of stuff."

Mitchel stepped forward. "Even I didn't know about this. And why is an archangel down here? Especially you. I thought Micheal never let you come down."

"Oh, he doesn't. And we— all three of us, are here to stop Lucifer." The girl answered.

Did he just say archangel?

"We can do it ourselves," I muttered.

"No you can't,"