Chapter 28- Epilogue

Kert

Decades later

After the meeting, my wife Elena stood by the courtyard, her arms crossed.

"What now honey?", I grumbled, my back alarmed me with pain.

"I didn't get to see you today. Nor the kids", she smiled as she wrapped herself and kissed me tenderly. The long distant memories of Mika haunted me. How I precisely remembered how they lowered her body to the ground. Doesn't matter how many tears or screams I made, she's still dead and couldn't hear me. And it'll be like that, forever.

"What's wrong?", Elena snapped me out into reality.

"O-Oh, just a lack of sleep," I chuckled out of it.

"Well try to be here for dinner tonight. Soto might need of rebuilding still, but we are here too. Okay?", She kissed me once more before she headed back inside. I decided to venture into the woods.

Soto was way better than how it first started, but we still had a long way to go. My friends seemingly are doing better too. Avery earned his license and is now one of the head doctors of Soto. Nash recovered mentally, but sometimes she had panic attacks. But I knew she was never the same ever since she got captured. Tristian at least was able to show my kids a trick or two, but his age got to him. Limping, and continuously needs someone to aid him. But other than that, he'll always be my favorite teacher.

I smelled the chilling air as I dazzled water out of my hand. I attempted to create a storm like I did when I younger, but it sparked out and died. Curse age.

Nan and her rebellion had long since passed away, but it was a good ending. To have Soto start its new chapter. It made me realized that something must end for something better to begin.

--

For once in the past weeks, dinner with my family was my priority. Elena brightens up as I sat at the long tables. The kids squealed in joy.

"Daddy, Tristy just showed me how to make a figure with my ability. Wanna see?", Tobias, my smallest son, shaped his fire to a heart.

"Awesome. Mika, how was your day?". Mika, the eldest one, smiled and hugged me tightly.

"It was good when you arrived," she said. It made my heart warm just like the fire shaped heart Tobias made.

"And so is the food," replied Lily, munching away.

"What did I say about eating while talking?", Elena scolded but giggled. They were all too happy to see me, and so am I. Its perfect with us together.

After dinner, the kids tucked themselves into their rooms as my Elena, and I cuddled in our arms.

"We were happy that you were there," Elena smiled.

"I know. I regret being so busy that I forget to spend quality family time", I said. Elena shushed gently.

"It doesn't matter. You are here now, with me in your arms. You, the kids and this life is all I'm happy about. Its better than nothing", Elena objected. Mika's grave flashed back, but she needs to rest. Mika will forever have a place in my heart, but now, this life was the start of something new.

"Get your rest honey. We got another long day tomorrow", I kissed her forehead.

"It's always tomorrow for you. Goodnight, I love you", she turned off the lights and went to slumber.

"Love you too," I whispered back. The balcony connected to our bedroom showed the moon glinting in the sky. Even the dying stars can still shine brightly.