Chapter 27

Kert

Mother got arrested as Nan was gathering everybody in Soto to listen to the upcoming announcement I'll make. Natasha's mentality hadn't recovered as fast as I wanted to be and for Mika. Her funeral took place by the kingdom grounds.

Mika's photo captured a beautiful girl who wanted the best for everyone. Before they lowered the casket to the earth, I kissed her one last time. In death, she was still gorgeous, but she'll only be alive in my memories.

Natasha's doctors informed that she developed severe trauma and needed intensive cognitive therapy. She was unfit to rule. It tore me up anyway, seeing her once so strong, now meek and timid. But I had to endure as the new king now.

--

Everyone from ranks around gathered by the courthouse where laws exist. High authorities go here to establish it, but Mother rarely went. So far, in the first time in history, a new leader will now guide them. The 'peasants' looked gravely, but the privileged people didn't seem much better. It will all change.

"Thank you to have everyone here today. As you may know, the former Queen, Isana, is put to arrest for many laws she knew but ignored because of her position. But a new, genuine leader will rebuild Soto to its glory. And it'll start with me". Many murmured and whispered in hostility, but I shushed them.

"I understand. But with Natasha, my older sister is unfit mentally to rule you. I knew she was about equality and democracy, and I'll help out making her wishes a reality".

"Democracy? Like that can be built in one day", a snarl protested.

"You got the point, it wouldn't improve in a day. However, if we work together, we can take it one day at a time". The person didn't comment back.

"My first act as your leader, the people in this country will be respected and have equal rights as everyone. Ranks are no longer a thing. Child labor will be completely unacceptable, and the punishments are high. It will take time to make these laws first, but I promise it'll happen. In conclusion, I'm forever grateful to have you as your leader. We unite and rise together. Thank you". I whisked away from the audience, and it was the most significant step I ever took.