Chapter 19

Isana

I threw my crystal glass wine of against the floor.

"Updates on the outer sector of Soto," I summoned my head servant, Abel.

"Banks are currently in debt, more families suffering...", Abel read on the newspaper.

Ever since Kert joined the rebellion, things have gotten more turmoil. More nobles are against me, food and exports dropped, servants, rebelled against their masters.

"Tell them to keep doing what they've been doing! Money can't make themselves", I attempted to flick him away, but he stood still.

"Your Majesty, our economy is at inflation. The supplies left can only last us so long. Something got to give--", I glared at him, his sudden vocalized opinions.

"Y-Your Majesty," Abel bowed and stood back from the conference table. Anxiety racked all over my nerves to my stomach. Natasha is the one to blame. She brought my people to obey her.

If my beloved, Tobias weren't taken away from me so soon, his reign would've lasted longer. But since Poltlemus wanted to ruin every single thing I had, my guts turned raw.

"Any more news at all?", I sighed, wanted to crawl to my bed and forget this had ever happened to me. 

"Your savage daughter, Natasha, was captured in Poltlemus a while ago. There is a likelihood that the rebellion is still there", Abel replied, putting the newspaper on the table. My skirt itched my thighs as I fidgeted with hope. A devious plan formed in my head and my grinned grew as well.

"Abel, clean the mess. Alert the military to assemble an army", I grinned. It'll be tricky though. Poltlemus is not known for negotiation, especially when Soto has been in an outfought war with them for years, to see who can conquer the most. The King also killed my only love. Rage sparked but I refrained, Soto is more critical.

Abel kneeled down and picked up the shards of glass. Just like my country in pieces, it'll soon be in peace.