Chapter 18

Kert

Her skin attached to her bones, eyes downgraded with bags. Natasha edged along the wall as if she's looking for an answer. The prison was deteriorating her. My heart crashed to the floor when we walked past her cell. She was taken away from me, only to now be left to rot.

"I know it hurts, but we have to keep moving," Robert whispered gently. My eyes scrambled around, founded another peculiar cell. Who was that? Before we left the inmate area, the guy had shades of brown in his grey hair. It ranged a bell.

"Tristian," I blurted.

"What?", Robert asked.

"I-I recognized someone."

"Not now, I'm on the brink of wearing out," Robert hissed lowly.

"But it's my teacher...", I muttered. Robert scoffed.

"Anything wrong, fellas?", the warden came short between us.

"The facility. Everything my eyes saw", Robert snapped. The warden took a whole step back.

"Why do you care all of a sudden?", his voice flavored with suspicion.

"Don't question me," Robert snarled back. Other people were gazing at us, investigating us.

"Show who you are," the warden pressed harder.

"T-The Royal Highness ordered all prisons to strengthen their conditions. It's a necessity", Robert said.

"Why? I must know more", the warden replied.

"Those orders are confidential. Only you can know certain things".

"Bullshit, you're lying."

"Lying? I'll have the Imperial Majesty to say it for you", Robert threatened.

"NO. We never contact The Highness unless its absolute emergency", the warden yelped.

"Then quit making me look like a fool. We must get dismissed now", Robert turned his back.

"Why the rush to leave?", the warden backs up at the exit.

"We got places to go," Robert said.

"Lies."

"Doctor appointment. A serious problem I gotta take care of", Robert said. The warden's face softened.

"Why didn't you say that? Don't sound so vague next time, okay?", he moved so we can exit.

"One more thing." Robert arched an eyebrow.

"You're visiting tomorrow?"Robert nodded, and we scrambled out before we got any more interrogated.

We ran to the van, and our disguises were gone.

"Can you drive?", Robert panted.

"I cant. Mother never taught me", feeling useless. He huffed, and we got in.

"Hopefully I got more energy left in me," Robert turned to ignition.

"How long is the motel?".

"Luckily, it'll be a few minutes," Robert responded, and we drove off into the night.