15- Saving a life

Start from the beginning

"And that's a bad thing that they look like her? She gave you two precious gifts... don't ever take them for granted. They deserve you in their life, and I'm being serious when I say this, don't be doing anything stupid like that ever again, and I'll keep saying it over and over too, just to get it in your head." she says, picking up the gun, and emptying out all the ammo onto the desk. She made sure the gun was empty, and set it down on the desk, while grabbing all the ammo.

She looked back over to him, and pointed. "Don't ever say you can't live without Harlow, you can, and you will. Especially for Gabriella and Isabella, they can't lose both their parents, they're way too young." she snapped.

"Easier said than done." he spoke lowly, running his hands through his hair.

After sharing a kiss with him, she was nervous to tell him the other reason why she came into the room to see him. "I also came in here to let you know that I do have a date later today."

"A date?" he questioned surprised, looking as if he just lost his best friend.

"Yes I do, is that not OK? We're just going to a movie, and I told him it would have to be an early one so I could get back and put the girls to bed."

"What if I hadn't been around, what were you going to do with them?"

"I would have brought them with, or I would have kept calling you until you answered, insisting that you be here for your kids, and spend time with them. Something in which you've been neglecting, since she left."

"How did you even have time to find a date, when you haven't gone anywhere? What's his name?" he questioned, feeling like a heel. He walked over to the window and looked out, feeling like a dumbass for kissing her.

"His name is Ethan."

Antonio's heart dropped when he heard his name, and turned around quickly. "Ethan? As in my brother in law Ethan?" he asked surprised. He felt upset with himself when he remembered he told Ethan that she wasn't single.

"Yes, Harlow's brother... he has been coming here almost every day for almost two months to see and play with the kids."

"What? Why haven't you said anything?"

"Probably because you haven't been around, if you would have been here you would have known." she said, sounding bitter. She noticed how his demeanor changed when she mentioned she had a date, and more so after saying she had a date with Ethan. "Let me ask you this too... Why did you tell him that I wasn't single?" she asked, looking curious. Wondering what his answer would be to that, knowing damn well she was very single.

He placed his hands on his hips, and looked down at his feet. "I don't even know why, it just came out when he asked me." he said quietly, feeling embarrassed.

Seeing Antonio's reaction, she was second guessing going on the date with Ethan. "Do you not want me to go?" she asked, walking up to him. She curled her finger under his chin, and turned his head, making him look at her. She nodded her head when he didn't respond, trying to study his face "Is that a no?"

"I guess... I don't really want you to go, but you deserve to go out, so go." he says quietly, moving her hand away from his chin.

"If you don't want me to go, I won't go."

"Just go, go out and have some fun, you deserve it. Especially how I've been lately, you need a break too."

Sadie left his office quietly, hoping he would have told her no.

While walking away she thought about the kiss they shared, and started tracing her lips with a smile. She liked the way he kissed her, and liked the way his kiss made her feel inside. She hadn't felt feelings like that before, and loved it.

Sadie was down in her room getting ready to leave, when the doorbell rang. When nobody answered, it rang again. Antonio finally answered the door, giving Ethan a disappointed look. He was pissed at him for asking her out on a date.

"Well it's about time you're home." Ethan says, surprised to see him, and reached for his hand to shake. "Can we talk for a minute, while I wait for Sadie?"

Antonio didn't say anything, and turned his head, looking behind him to see if Sadie was coming. He walked outside when he didn't see her, shutting the door behind him. They walked and stood by Ethan's white SUV.

"Are you OK?"

"Yea... yea I'm fine." Antonio said disappointed, looking away from Ethan. He had a hard time looking at him, he felt Ethan was taking Sadie away from him. He knew she wasn't his, and knew he needed to stop acting like she was.

Ethan looked at him sincerely. "The reason I ask, is because Sadie says you haven't really been home since Harlow passed away, and you have been avoiding Gabriella and Isabella."

"Don't worry about it, I've got it under control." Antonio snapped.

"Well if you need anything, you know you can call me, just remember, I lost her too."

Antonio wanted to say something to him, but Sadie had come out and looked at the both of them. She gave a heartfelt look at Antonio, waiting for him to tell her not to go.

"Hello there, beautiful lady." Ethan says, pulling Sadie over to him, and placing a kiss on her lips. She wasn't sure if she liked his lips against hers, it didn't feel right, and she didn't feel any sparks like she did with Antonio. She placed her hands on each side of Ethan's neck, kissing him more, trying to see if she could get any sparks to fly.

When she didn't feel anything from the kiss, she pulled away from him. She felt nothing, feeling as if she were kissing her brother. She saw how Ethan was smiling at her, and gave him a smirk. She could see he enjoyed the kiss, and felt guilty for even trying to kiss him. She sighed and looked at Antonio.

"Antonio?" she asked, worried when she saw him staring off into the sky, not saying a word.