Only for you

MAYAS POINT OF VIEW
Charlie takes me back home and my parents welcome him in with open arms. "Hi mom and dad." "Hi kiddo." Shawn says hugging me. "Hey kiddo we need to talk later." I nod as I walk in.

I get ready for school and parents call me down. "Maya we want you to move back into your dorm." "But I love you guys and I'm going to miss you. Plus I love staying here and the environment here is so much more calming." My dad sighs and says "Maya it's not a choice." I tear falls down my face as I look down at the dining room table and say "okay Shawn." He looks up in shock and says "Maya don't be mad at me." I look at him as I wipe my tears "I'm not mad at you I'm mad at myself. I got too comfortable. But when do I have to leave because I'm not ready." Shawn is about to say something but my mom interrupts "you have a month." I walk over to her and I hug her. I silently start crying. "Babygirl please don't cry."  She pets the top of my head and I stop crying.

I go upstairs to clean myself up. I run back downstairs and I say "mom I'm going to take Charlie back home now." "Okay." I quickly drag Charlie out of the house. He drives us back to dorms.

I walk into my room and I see Spencer and Lucas making. I whisper under my breath while laughing "Lucas you sly dog." They break apart and they notice me. "Hey guys." They both say hi back. Spencer leaves thinking that me and Lucas need to talk.

I sit in the small bay window and I get out my sketching book. "Maya we need to talk." "There's nothing to talk about Huckleberry. We're both happy right?" I smile in his direction. "I'm happy. And I know you're happy with Charlie." He just looks me.

After I finish my drawing I look over at Lucas and he's still looking at me. "Take a picture it will last longer." "Sorry Maya you just look...good." I look down for a moment at my sketch pad trying to think of someway to change the subject. The room becomes silent. "Maya things don't have to be awkward between us. I know your keeping your distance but sometimes it's okay to show emotions." I look at the time and it reads seven. I leave the room and I go to the cafe to get a coffee. I don't know if I'm being mean to Lucas or we're just teasing each other either way it's awkward between us. Lucas walks into the cafe and sit there for a moment. I know I'm trying to build up my walls but I don't want people to think I'm rude. Lucas sits next to me and holds out a plate for me. "Here." I look at him "why?" "Because I know that if I didn't show up all you would have eaten is that coffee." I grab the plate out of his hand "thank you."  There was a moment of silence until Riley called me.
R- Hey Maya
M- Hey Riley
Lucas says "I want to talk to Riley." I glare at him and say "well she called me. Talk to her on your own time."
R- Hi Lucas
L- Hey Riley
I look at Lucas for moment
M- So do you have any ideas for my parent wedding anniversary
R- Yeah I have a lot so grab a pen and paper
M- Can I call you back later then I'm eating
R- Sure
M- Bye Riley
R-Bye Peaches
I hang up the phone. I lay my head on Lucas's shoulder and he lays his on top of mine. "I'm tired." Lucas carries me back to my room. I lay down in my bed and Lucas sits next to me. I put my head in Lucas's lap and he looks at me and smiles. Lucas runs his fingers through my hair as I fall asleep.

LUCAS POINT OF VIEW
After Maya falls asleep I try to leave but she grabs my hand and says "I love you." "I love you more." I kiss her forehead and she closes her eyes. I leave her room and I walk through the halls thinking. I really love Maya and I know she loves me but I also know that she is working on herself. I can't force Maya into a relationship when I know she isn't going to be happy. I think that me and Maya are better off friends until she is sure Charlie isn't good for her. I go back to my room and I write in the notebook Maya gave me. I'm going to write a song for Maya.

1 HOUR LATER

MAYAS POINT OF VIEW
I wake up and I go into Lucas's room. He's not there but I do see the notebook I bought him. I start to read it.

My hands wrapped around the stick shift
Swerving on the 405,
I can never keep my eyes
Off this

My neck, the feeling of your soft lips
Illuminated in the light,

I finish readying it and I look at the top and it says "Mayas song" I smile. Huckleberry wrote a song for me. Lucas walks in and I smile. "Okay Huckleberry are you going to sing this song for me or not?" "I was actually going to ask you for help with it." Lucas grabs his guitar and plays me what I just read. I lay my head on Lucas's shoulder and I say "I didn't know you sang." "I don't. Only for you." I think of the next line for the song. "How about Bouncing off the exit signs I missed All we do is drive." "All we Do is think about the feelings that we hide. All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign." I move back shocked. "Okay uh sure." "Sick and full of pride
All we do is drive And California never felt like home to me And California never felt like home And California never felt like home to me Until I had you on the open road and now we're singing. And then I think you should do a guitar solo."  He starts to play his guitar solo and I smile. Lucas picks up and starts singing again. "Your laugh echoes down the highway Carves into my hollow chest, Spreads over the emptiness." "It's bliss." Okay I'm tired. "Okay Lucas Can we take a break?" "Uh yeah sure." I grab Lucas's guitar and I start playing I start to sing a song I made up in seventh grade "I got a great grandson who's a ranger rick and a hop a long and a Sundance too." Lucas looks at me annoyed. I walk over to Lucas and I bite my lip and smile. He looks at me and smiles and starts tickling me. "Stop! Lucas please!" He stops and looks at me. "Okay we should get back to work. Wait Lucas." He turns around and says "yeah." With hopeful eyes. "Can I have some water?" He hands me his water bottle. "Thanks." I lay on Lucas's bed and he sits in the floor against his bed. "Where did we leave off?" He hands me the book. "Okay. I don't have anything do you?" "It's so simple but we can't stay Overanalyze again Would it really kill you if we kissed?" I look away from Lucas and my face turns bright red. "No Lucas I would just feel like a shitty person because I made a commitment to Charlie and you made one to Spencer." "Can we just not think of them right now." I pause for a moment "no lucws that's cheating and you saying all of this stupid stuff isn't helping my process." Lucas looks at me and says "fine. Then I have a question. Why was Charlie aloud to visit you and I wasn't?" "My parents like Charlie more then you. Plus Charlie isn't a contributing factor in my health and you haven't visited my parents in three years. My mom literally said I really like Charlie. Way more then I like that Lucas boy." "Your parents love me Maya." He says while laughing. Lucas looks at me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "I'm sorry." "Why? ." "Because I didn't realize my best friend was in pain." I hug Lucas. "I'm okay. I promise." "Okay." I let go of Lucas and I just stare at him. What am I doing. Lucas pulls just smiles. "Do you want me to walk you back to your dorm." I shake my head no.

I smile to myself. I know that if I start talking to Lucas again I'm going to become confused again. Great Maya. Just don't put yourself in a place where you know you're going to come to a dead end. He doesn't understand that I wouldn't be here if I was unstable, but it's fine.