Chapter 8

Ashton's POV.

All I can see is white, but I can feel what they're doing to me and I hear people talking all around me. They're discussing what state I'm in. Apparently I'm suppose to wake up in a few days, but I don't know if I actually want to.

Everything is so peaceful in here. I don't feel sad in here. It's kind of enjoyable actually.

Yesterday, I think it was, I can't really tell what day it is, but it feels like it's been about a day, the guys were here.

The only time I actually wanted to come out was when Calum came to talk to me. He was begging me to wake up and he kept saying he missed me. I knew he probably didn't miss me and if he did he would get over it. His life would probably be better without me.

Either way, he sounded so broken. He even laid his head on my stomach and I felt him sobbing on me. All I wanted to do was scoop him up in my arms and hug him, but they wouldn't budge. Calum ended up falling asleep on me and it was kind of nice.

Michael and Luke came a bit later, but only one could talk to me at a time, so they left Luke with me.

Luke kind of scared me though. He kept apologizing and telling me that it was all his fault. He sounded even more broken than Calum. I'm kind of worried about him. What if he does something stupid like I did?

Later Michael came in and told me I needed to wake up for Calum, but I just really don't want to. I love it in here. I don't get constant hate. I don't have to worry about anything. I don't want to come out. Ever.

Calum's POV.

I spent the night at the hospital, sleeping on those uncomfortable chairs, but Ashton's worth it. I'll get to see him first thing in the morning and I know that when he wakes up it'll make him smile knowing I stayed with him the whole time.

Luke and Michael went home a little after visiting hours. Luke is taking all of this really hard. Maybe even harder than me and that's saying a lot.

When I woke up I was confused at first by my surroundings, but remembered where I was and checked my phone to see what time it was. 8:58

Perfect timing I get to see Ashton in exactly two minutes. I hope he's still doing alright, you never know what could happen overnight.

I walk up to the front desk lady. It's the same one ugh I hate her so much. She glares at me knowing what I'm gonna ask and says with a sigh, "Go see him."

I mentally flip her off and go to his room to find that he's not there. I feel my heartbeat speed up and I ask a doctor where he is. they all tell me they don't know. Finally I find Dr. Finch.

"Where's Ashton?" I say frantically.

"They took him in for testing again. Nothing to worry about!" he says and I feel my heart start to beat normally again, but then he tilts his head down, looking at his feet and I hear him mutter under his breath, "unless they results say he's never going to wake up again."

"Wait what?!" I ask him and my heart begins to race again. Tears starting to build in my eyes at the thought of that actually happening.

"Let's go sit somewhere." he says and takes me down a hallway into what I assume is his office. he takes a seat and so do I. Then he begins explaining, "Last night the nurses came in and checked on him and he wasn't reacting as well as others had. So, we're checking right now to see if he's going to wake up or not. Before, when we did the CT scan he seemed just fine. Like I said before, some patients don't want to wake up. Your friend may be one of them, seeing as though he was the one that did this to himself. People say comas are very peaceful."