Chapter 10

(A FEW DAYS LATER)

Your brother stayed at home with you and Minato before he went on another mission.  tomorrow you and Minato will celebrate a birthday party together since both your birthdays are only 2 days apart. But every sense your brother came back to normal something odd has been going on between you and Minato but, you can't seem to figure out why. You are turning 14 and Minato is turning 15.

You are at the hokages office ready to listen to his information.

"Lord third what's my assignment?" You said while bowing.

"You are to find information on an enemy."

"Yes sir, will I have a team?"

"Yes."

"Who might they be may I ask?"

"You, Kushina Uzumaki, and Minato Namikaze."

You look up at him, almost cringing. You Minato and Kushina that would not work out too well. Kushina is in love with Minato but I don't know if Minato likes her. Maybe that's why he is acting strangely. 

"Ok, sir."

"Dismissed"

You left the room to go meet up with Minato at the ramen shop but on your way down the stairs, you bump into Kushina. Kushina didn't really like you, she would call you names because of what jutsu you had and that you were a creep.

"Oh, hi Kushina how are you?" You said with a forced smile on your face.

"Hi f/n I'm doing fine how about you?" You look at her in surprise she never acts this way to you.

"I'm doing just fine thanks for asking."

You both bow and go your separate ways. Maybe she knows that she will be paired with Minato on the mission. Maybe she was just in a good mood. Or she changer her mind about you. You continued on your way to the ramen shop and see Minato waiting there.

"What took you so long Firefly?"

"Lord third wants you me and Kushina on a mission."

"Oh well I'm sure that will go well for us," he said rubbing his head.

"Yeah, we will just try to forget our problems and work as a team." 

He nods his head and you both start to eat. 

"We have to go on a mission the day we celebrate our birthdays such a pity."

"It can't be that bad I mean look on the bright side you get to spend it with me."

You roll your eyes and finish your ramen. You both get up and start to head over to the training ground. 

"I'll race you."

He then takes off at lightning speed. Good thing he didn't add any rules. You use your teleporting jutsu and appear and the training ground while you see Minato arrive seconds after you did.

"Yeah cause that was a fair game." He said sarcastically.

"Hey, you used your speed, I used my teleportation."

You heard a pout and you giggled.

"Come on let's train." You said with a smile.

                                                                              (TIME SKIP)

After a few hours of training you are both tired and exhausted, your whole body is sore and you can barely move.

"Minato m-maybe we should s-start heading h-home." You could barely even spit out those words. You didn't think you could feel this tired. It's unnatural it's like you have been drained of your chakra and strength.

"Minato something is w-wrong." 

"What is it Firefly?"

"I can't move, I feel drained of my strength and chakra much faster then it normally does."

"Ok, let's start heading home then so we can rest up for tomorrows mission."

You both start walking home you were practically dragging your body now, You were so sore that you took baby steps. You then couldn't move anymore and collapsed you were still awake but your body isn't. It was like your body just went numb. If you ever tried to move a muscle you would shriek in pain.

Minato heard a thud and he turned around to see you on the ground trying to stand up. He ran over to you catching you after the third time you tried to stand up.

"You ok Firefly?"

"I can't move if I try I'll just fall back down, it's like my body just shut down."

He looked at you with worry in his eyes. He then picked you up bridal style.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Well, you need a way to get home somehow don't you?" he said with a smirk.

He then took off at lightning speed you holding onto his neck for dear life and burying your face in his chest. When he stopped you looked up and blushed in embarrassment. You jumped off him but fell straight back down. You still couldn't get up and you shrieked everytime you moved. 

Minato picked you up bridal style and took you upstairs, put you in your bed, and pulled the covers over you.

"Thanks, Minato."

"No problem Firefly."

He then turns and starts to walk the other way but you grab his hand yelping a little in pain and say wait. You sit up and pull him closer. When your faces were just a few centimeters apart you closed the space by putting your lips on his. He happily excepted and kissed you back. That night you fell asleep with a smile on your face.