Chapter 1

My name is Y/n L/n. I am apart of a very powerful and secretive clan, the clan is known for our light style jutsu and how the newest member of the clan is also the strongest, I am currently the newest one. My clan is very small, we were slaughtered over the years and it is currently just me, my parents, and my brother Hiriko. I was walking home from school, backpack slung on both arms. I walked up to my small house with only two bedrooms, a main bedroom, kitchen and living room, a bathroom and a cellar.

I opened the door to my house, my birthday is in a few days, I'll be turning eight. As I was growing up, people told me that I was extremely smart, although I didn't really care, I realized that it was actually convenient... that's how I found out the secrets about my clan. Although I didn't know what the secrets were I knew we had them due to eavesdropping on my parents one night. That same night I also found out that my family... was in danger. I set my backpack on a bench that's next to the door.

I shut the door and locked it then walked down the hall to my parent's room where my mom was folding clothes. She looked up at me and smiled genuinely. "Hi sweetie, how was school?" She asked. I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her short, slender, pregnant body. "Guess what I did today!" I yelped.

"Did you win a race?" She asked.

"No, guess again,"

"Make a new friend?"

"Nope!"

"I give up," She surrendered with a slight giggle.

"I got in a fight with someone today!" I chirped happily. I watched her closed eye smile fade as it was replaced with a frown and worried facade.

"What do you mean you got in a fight?" Her voice darkened somewhat as she rose an eyebrow with suspicion. My smile died down as well, I could tell she was upset.

"Umm, n-never mind it was just a joke!" I spoke with a cheery vibe. I could feel relief radiate off of her.

"Well you were very convincing," She poked my nose with her finger causing me to wiggle back some and giggle. A small smile reached out on her face. "Will father be coming back today?" I asked. Her chocolate brown hair and emerald green eyes brightened up at the sentence. "Yeah, he is," her smile widened just slightly. I jumped up and down and cheered at this then ran out of the room and to Hiriko's room.

I barged in and saw my brother holding a book above his head lying down in bed. I ran and jumped onto him causing the book to jolt out of his grip and onto the floor. "Y/n! What are you doing!?" He asked. I lifted my head up and looked at him, he seemed agitated and angry but his look softened. "Guess what I did today?" I asked.

"What?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I got into a fight," I spoke. A small chuckle left his mouth. "With who?" He asked.

"This guy named Riku, he took my candy bar so I punched him!" I giggled.

"Good response," he spoke. I giggled and he lifted me up in the air. I yelped and he smiled, "Dad's coming home today!" I chirped. His eyes widened slightly. "He is? I thought he wasn't coming back till next week," I shrugged my shoulders. He rolled his eyes and set me down on his stomach. "What did you do today?" I asked.

"Nothing just had a bunch of homework," He spoke with a sigh, I frowned. "Did you get it done?" I asked.

"Almost, just have to finish the book you so loudly interrupted me from," I rolled my eyes at his complaint.

I left his room and went to mine, I was drawing for a few hours, the sun had set and it was starting to rain outside. I heard a door open so I shot up and ran out of my room to see my dad with a shinobi vest on above his black long sleeve shirt and pants, scratches were on his face but I didn't care much, his black straight hair covered his eyes slightly and his brown eyes sloped. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him. "Dad, I missed you!" I shouted with glee.