“And Chloe? What did she do when she saw you two kissing?” He asked again.

“She started crying and then ran away…” I remembered the scene from last night and I felt like I was there living it all over again. I felt horrible. “Alex ran after her, in case you were going to ask what he did after the kiss”

“So they left, leaving you alone and then Austin came back?” He asked joining the dots. I nodded. “Have you tried to talk to Chloe?”

“Only like a billion times. She’s not picking up her phone”

“And Alex?”

“I am not calling Alex. I don’t feel like I have to, besides I wouldn’t be able to do it after what happened” I said referring to the kiss.

“And you haven’t heard from Austin yet?”

“No, and I don’t think I will. He probably hates me right now”

Jake sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Okay. After hearing the whole story this is what I think about it. Alex kissed you and that was wrong” He clarified. “But you didn’t stop him either so you’re as guilty as he is” I was about to protest but he lift his index finger telling me not to “Austin is probably mad about you guys kissing…” He stopped for a second “No, scratch that, I am pretty sure he is mad at both of you right now, but lest be honest, that asshole deserved it after what he did to you anyways”

I smiled and so did he.

“And Chloe?” I asked waiting to hear his conclusion about her.

“She’s your best friend, she can be mad at you but not forever. You need to talk to her, tell her you’re sorry and explain what happened” He suggested me “She won’t forgive you right away but she will, with time of course” He smiled “Trust me, you might think you’re hopeless right now but someday you will look back at this and laugh”

I snickered “I don’t think I will ever laugh at this but thanks, you really helped” He gave me a wide smile and I felt the urge to hug him but decided against it. “I am glad I have you”

As soon as I said that his smile disappeared. 

“What?” I asked preoccupied “Are you okay? Did I-?” I was interrupted by him.

“Remember that I told you I had to talk to you about something?” He asked. I nodded.

A thousand things ran through my mind. Every single thing I’ve said and done, wrong or right. I began to get nervous.

“I want you to make peaces with Chloe and Alex. I want you to feel safe around Austin again. I want to know you’re going to be okay. I want you to be happy”

I frowned. “Wha- Why are you telling me this?” I asked nervous “What do you mean with ‘I want to know you’re going to be okay’? You’re here, you know I am okay”

“No” He said shaking his head “I know you’re okay now but I want to make sure it stays like this” He saw my face of confusion and sighed “I am leaving town Leelee”

“What?” That came out by its own. I heard Jake, but I couldn’t believe what I heard. “Please tell me that it’s not true” I begged.

“I am leaving Leelee” He repeated “Tomorrow”

I felt like something was taken away from me. There was a hole inside of me.

“No” This can’t be happening “No, no, no” I repeated “You can’t leave me Jake. You’re the only one I have left. Please don’t leave me” I felt my eyes getting teary.