Chapter 18: Not A Game

As Tobin reached the park, no one seemed to be there. The agent looked around for a short while before noticing a dark figure leaning against a tree. She calmly walked over, leaning on the large tree as well before opening my mouth.

"Why are you here?" She asked as if she didn't already know exactly why her boss is here.

"You know why. You got involved." She simply said. Tobin stayed silent. "You know the rules about this sort of thing."

"Yes, I know, but I can't leave. Not yet at least." She looked at the leaves covered ground.

"Why not? Just end it and get back. I have a new case ready for you on my desk. I have to warn you though, if you don't take it I will have to let them know." Hope said in a monotone voice.

Tobin wasn't stupid. She knew who "them" referred to. The bosses. But not just any bosses, her boss' bosses. The young agent knew not to mess with those kinds of people. They were the one percent of the one percent, which meant they had everything. But more importantly they could do anything.

"You won't talk to them." Tobin calmly said.

Hope let out a dark chuckle before speaking.

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" She asked. Their previous friendship seemingly vanishing as more serious topics were at hand.

"Because if you will, I'll talk to them too." Tobin said, looking up and at Hope for the first time during this entire conversation. Hope looked at Tobin skeptically, as if not believing the words that came out of the younger agent's mouth.

"Are you sure you want to play it like this?" Hope asked.

"I'm not playing," Tobin stated. "This isn't a game." She paused. "I think I love her."

"Tobin I need you to be sure about this. If this turns out to not be how you really feel I can't control what happens next." Hope raised her voice a bit but remembered the setting they were in and lowered her tone once again.

"Hope, you know how this feels. You felt it too." Tobin said and began to walk away towards her hotel room.

——————————————————

Word count: 367

Song for this chapter: Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato
Sooo... I'm back, sort of. Hi :)