Chapter 16: Surveillance

"Hi, I would like to get a room please. Preferably on the 7th floor." The tall women said and handed the girl behind the counter a smile and a quite big stack of cash. The girl clicked a few things on her computer before turning to the woman and handing her two magnetic cards and a few papers.

"Here are your room keys, the hotel pamphlet, and receipt. Enjoy your stay." She smiled as the older women nodded in thanks and headed towards the elevators.

As Ashlyn arrived to the room, she took off her backpack, taking out her clothes and everything she didn't for the moment. She organized everything in the hotel closet and went out the room. She went to the building across the street and set up on the roof. There were a few reasons why she decided to view from afar. 1. Tobin is smart, she will notice if someone was following her. 2. She couldn't install cameras in Tobin's hotel room because it would be too risky and there's a chance Tobin will spot them.

Ashlyn took out her tape recorder, her camera and her binoculars from her bag and started watching Tobin's hotel room.

--------------------------------------------

By now Tobin and Alex were done eating breakfast and were just laying in bed watching tv. They were laying on either side of the bed with some space between.

As they continued to watch tv, Alex kept inching towards Tobin slowly. Tobin noticed this and started to chuckle.

"What?" Alex asked.

"If you wanted us to sit close to each other you could've just said so." The agent laughed.

"Fine I want to sit close." Alex fake grumpily said.

"Now was that so hard?" Tobin asked as she scooted closer to the younger girl.

"Shut up." Alex pouted.

Tobin took Alex's chin in her hand and turned the girl's head towards her and kissing her lips.

"Better?" The older girl asked with a smirk.

All Alex did was nod and lean in again. The kiss was tender and soft. Tobin bit Alex's bottom lip and pulled away, taking Alex's lip with her before releasing it from between her teeth. This caused a low growl to erupt from Alex throat.

Tobin smirked and pecked Alex's lips one more time before getting up and changing out of her clothes in front of Alex.

Halfway through with taking her underwear off, Tobin turns around to look at Alex.

"What?" The agent asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Keep going I'm enjoying the show." Alex smiled.

Tobin chuckled and took the rest of her clothes off before putting on some jeans and a t shirt.

"Where are you going?" The younger girl asked.

"We are going to the mall. I don't feel like being in here all day." Tobin said.

"Ok, what should I wear?" Alex asked.

"Whatever's comfortable. I don't think we're gonna do something out of the ordinary." Tobin replied as she opened her closet door to get her wallet and keys.

Alex quickly got dressed and both of them left the hotel. Right when they stepped out the main doors the felt the warm sun on their bodies as opposed to the cool ac air inside their hotel room. They made their way to Tobin's newly rented rental car and Tobin went to the passenger side to open Alex's door for her. Alex replied with a quiet thank you and a bright smile. After running to the driver's side and getting in, Tobin felt a buzz coming from her pocket. The agent took her phone out, finding a text from Ashlyn.

Ashlyn H.

How's it going? 12:31

12:31 pretty good, we'll see.

The conversion was vague as to not reveal anything in case someone sees either of their phones but both of them understood each other.

"Anything important?" The forward asked.

"Nah just some work stuff." Tobin smiled and started the car, pressing lightly on the gas pedal and starting their way to the mall.

--------------------------------------------

Ashlyn put her phone down and pressed a button on her voice recorder.

"The agent and target are seen leaving the hotel in a car at 12:33." She said and released her hold on the button.

Ashlyn thought this was a perfect opportunity to have a look at Tobin's hotel room.

She walked inside the hotel, smiling at the woman behind the desk and going inside an elevator. Once she arrived on the 7th floor she opened the door that led to the stairwell, where she knew there aren't any cameras, and took out a blank key card and a small machine, programming the card to open Tobin's room door. After she was finished she put the machine in her bag and held the key card in her hand, opening the door again and going to Tobin's room. She put the card in the card reader for the door and the lights went red, meaning the card wasn't good. She took the card out, scrubbed it on her shirt a little and tried again. The light went green before she heard a small click and opening the door. She looked around carefully, not touching even the smallest thing inside the room. Next she put her gloves on and opened the closet door, seeing clothes that were definitely not Tobin's. She closed the door and went to the bedside table, opening the small drawer and seeing some type of body cream. The agent went to the bathroom, finding two toothbrushes in the small glass. Suddenly she heard the door click again and hearing it open and close a few seconds later making her freeze in place.

Word count: 940

Song for this chapter: I hate you, I love you by gnash ft. Olivia O'brien

A/N: Meh

~KarmyArmy